EPS Moulding Supplier
- B1 Fire Proofing
- Environmentally Friendly and Non-Toxic
- Variety of Model Can be Used as Door, Window, Eave Moulding, etc.
- Good Weathering Resistant
- Easy Installation
Your Reliable Partner and EPS Moulding Manufacturer in China
Sunnyda EPS moulding is a new type exterior wall decorative lines and components, compare to cast in place concrete line, GRC moulding and gypsum moulding, EPS moulding has a lot of advantages. It has light weight, fire proofing, non-toxic, easy installation, good weathering resistance, no cold bridge and elegant appearance. Especially Sunnyda can customize any size and shape according to your drawing. Contact us today to start your EPS moulding business!
EPS moulding is a new building material to furnish outside building. Sunnyda EPS moulding has a variety of models included different lines, door moulding, window moulding, eave moulding, roman column, embossed plate, and many other reliefs.
Sunnyda EPS moulding accepts customization apart from standard models, to match your local building styles. Sunnyda EPS moulding is all fire proofing B1 rated, environmentally friendly and non-toxic, especially no cold bridge. In weathering resistance, Sunnyda EPS moulding also has good performance, resistance to cold, heat, humidity and acid rain.
Compare to on-site moulded concrete cast-in-place lines, Sunnyda EPS moulding prefabs in the factory with precise cutting can ensure the size in needs. All mouldings make the building outside looks uniform, classic and elegant. Also, our moulding also insulated with EPS or XPS.
Contact us today to customize your EPS moulding!
|1||Villa or other Architecture Outside Wall Edge Moulding|
|2||Villa or other Architecture Outside Wall Decorative Moulding|
|3||Villa or other Architecture Moulding of External Window Frame|
|4||Villa or other Architecture Eave Moulding|
|5||Villa or other Architecture Roof Beam Brace Moulding|
|6||Villa or other Architecture Column Moulding|
|7||EPS Shape Moulding|
|8||Any Customized Size EPS Moulding for Villa or Other Architecture|
Ultimate Guide to EPS Moulding
Compare to GRC prefab moulding, EPS moulding is lighter, no risking of dropping to hurt people, and easy moving and handling. EPS density is 18kg/m3 or above, with alkali-resistance fiberglass gridding cloth. EPS moulding size tolerance is less than 0.5mm, easy to fix the joint. Attaching EPS moulding needs glue only, no bolt, this makes outside wall nice looking. Also the joint is no crack, no water leaking, but warm-keeping, avoid the cold bridge.
Compare to gypsum moulding, EPS moulding is waterproofing, has good weathering resistance, good for outdoor use, can last a long time in rain and sunshine.
For the exterior decoration of the house or villa, Sunnyda EPS moulding can be customized to fit your house design, full CNC production of molds. EPS moulding is a trend of villa exterior walls in the past 5 years. The product does not need to make strange patterns, but it can produce elegant and beautiful straight lines, and it also has some strong three-dimensional appearance. From the perspective of safety, quality assurance, and life span, we recommend you choose Sunnyda EPS moulding.
Usually Sunnyda EPS moulding delivery time is 7 days, packing in a wooden frame or directly loaded in a container to save space.
Customized Waterproof EPS Foam Moulding
1. What is eps moulding?
EPS moulding can prevent fire and will not release toxic substances. It is an environmentally friendly, high-quality decorative building material.
It is a new type of exterior wall decoration line and component, which is more suitable for installation the external wall EPS, XPS insulation wall; it can not only reflect the European classical and elegant decoration style but also ensure that the main building exterior wall does not appear cold, thermal bridge effect.
On top of these advantages, it also has the benefits of easy installation, economy, long durability, etc.
Sunnyda EPS Decorative Moulding
2. EPS moulding definition
EPS moulding is a new type of exterior wall decorative line and component, which is more suitable for installation on the EPS, XPS thermal insulation wall of the external wall.
It can reflect the European classical and elegant decoration style.
It is very difficult to install cement components and its construction period is long.
Cracks will occur over time, and the durability will be poor.
The use of EPS moulding has the advantages of easy installation, economy, and long durability.
With the continuous development of the building decoration industry, more and more new materials stand out. EPS mouldings are the object of more and more people. More and more companies have entered the EPS moulding, and some professional companies have stood out.
Not affected by temperature changes, cold and heat resistant; not affected by humid climate and acid rain.
EPS moulding can be fire-resistant without releasing toxic substances and are environmentally friendly, high-quality decorative building materials.
EPS mouldings are cut by computer numerical control, which is fast to produce and has a wide variety of models, such as lines, Roman columns, window covers, bucket arches, etc., which can be installed on the four sides of windows, door edges, eaves corners, and walls; make the facade of the building more beautiful, bringing new and different ideas to architectural designers.
Easy to Install EPS Roman Columns Moulding
3. EPS moulding features
- Light weight, EPS moulding aggregate is polystyrene, and the finished product weight is about 1/6 of GRC decorative lines. People can move and construct at will. In addition, it is fireproof, waterproof, mothproof, mildew-proof, and crack-proof. Convenient and simple construction, suitable for a variety of indoor and outdoor decorative materials, is a new green decorative material.
- Stick firmly. The EPS moulding is mainly used to bond the polymer mortar to the wall surface. The polymer mortar is made by adding organic glue to the inorganic material cement mortar and mixing it. It has a long service life and strong bonding and has national standards and specifications. It is proved to be safe and reliable in a large number of engineering applications, thus avoiding the hidden dangers of anchor bolt construction and anchor bolt corrosion and ultimately solving the problems of cold and hot bridges on the outside.
- Its installation is simple. With special bonding materials and methods, one person can install and construct, especially for a large number of line projects, and only need to be installed by bonding. The pattern effect is clear and natural, elegant and nice.
- There is no gap between the mouldings. The same gap-filling material is used between the EPS mouldings as the wall bonding, and the gaps have all disappeared, and there will be no cracks in future use.
- Environmental protection: the use of synthetic fibers as raw materials to meet the national engineering decoration non-toxic and harmless green product standards.
4. EPS moulding process
First, conduct a survey of the construction site to check the condition of the base surface.
The base surface is required to be flat, dense, and pollution-free.
The base surface that does not meet the requirements must be coordinated with the relevant party, and the base surface should be renovated, checked, and confirmed again.
Measure related dimensions on site.
Confirmation of drawings
According to the actual situation on the site and in conjunction with the design drawings, the size and shape of the final product are confirmed.
Improper comments must be submitted in a timely manner and sent to the owner and the designer for confirmation.
The factory produces EPS mouldings products.
The factory must convert the engineering drawings into processing drawings, arrange the detailed product processing sequence and production plan, and arrange the production schedule in close combination with the actual needs of the site.
Respond to the on-site feedback situation promptly and make timely adjustments according to the situation.
EPS Moulding Robotic Production Process
5. EPS moulding
- Elastic moudings
According to the construction drawing, the positioning line (center line or side line) pops up at the EPS component’s part.
- The products produced by the mouldings cutting factory are fixed-length. When installing on-site, try to use the entire line. The lines that need to be cut are sawed with a particular saw. The cut surface should be as flat as possible, and the unevenness should be polished with sandpaper.
- Prepare mortar on site.
The mortar used in the construction is a special polymer bonding mortar specially formulated to meet the requirements of the EPS base surface;
Use a hand-held electric mixer to stir during construction.
The stirring must be sufficient, uniform and the consistency is moderate.
After the mortar is prepared, it must be left for 5 minutes and stirred again before use.
The mixed mortar should be used up within 2 hours.
- Paste the mouldings
Polystyrene EPS component adhesive using high-quality composite bonding mortar, small lines are pasted using full adhesion method, large lines are pasted using dot-and-circle bonding method, and EPS components are strongly pressed to fully fit the wall surface, full The joint width is not less than 80%, and the joint width is not more than 3MM.
The bonding seam should follow the hook, the gray seam is full, and the surface of the EPS component is kept clean.
- Install anchor nails
When the thickness of the mouldings is ≥500mm after the line is installed in place and cured for 24 hours, use a percussion drill to punch holes in the set part of the line.
No less than 50mm. The outer opening of the hole is slightly lower than the inner opening to prevent rainwater from pouring into the wall system.
Anchor nails are installed into the holes, and the discs of the anchors must be embedded in the surface of the lines and not exposed.
- The seam processing
EPS moudlings are made by stitching the fixed-length finished products on site.
If non-fixed-length lines are stitched, measure the size first and then paste them in place.
The joints should be fitted and sealed as far as possible during the installation.
After the adhesive has been cured for 24 hours, apply a layer of plaster on the joints, and then lay a layer of 100mm alkali-resistant mesh or non-woven fabric, and then apply a layer of plaster on the surface to dry.
- eps mouldings repairment
EPS mouldings installation using post-anchor construction method, at the same time, the line installation process will be bumped, damaged and other phenomena, and because of some scaffolding block the cutting of local lines, you need to repair the broken or cut lines.
For damaged or cut large parts, you need to clean the parts to be repaired first, and cut the EPS material into the EPS material with the same volume and shape as the defective part, stick it in place with a unique adhesive, and then cover the surface with mortar and alkali-resistant grid.
Cloth, and lap over 50mm. The final surface must be integrated with the surrounding large surface to ensure smoothness and smoothness.
EPS Moulding Installation
6. EPS moulding construction process
Preparation for construction —> grassroots treatment —> leveling line —> wire angle cutting —> sticking —> local repair —> finished product protection
7. Construction technology
- Other construction procedures for the wall surface of the installation line and the opening of the window door have been completed and accepted.
- According to the construction drawing, the positioning line (centerline or sideline) pops up at the place where the leg is to be installed.
- Cut the wire feet according to the installation dimensions of the drawing. The stitches are standard sizes, and the width of the stitching seam should be considered when cutting.
- When pasting the legs, the grid cloth should be turned over. If there are special circumstances, you can stick it directly without turning it over.
- For larger wire pins, support is required for temporary fixing during installation.
- When installing, if splicing is needed, the dimensions and angles of the assembly should be measured in advance, and pre-assembly should be performed in a flat place with a gap of 3mm. During the splicing, it is required to squeeze the hammer slightly and evenly to make the gray seam meet the requirements.
- After finishing the stitching, the gray seam should be flattened to make the stitches one. After drying, if there is excess adhesive mortar left at the seam of the seam, the sandpaper can be used for sanding.
- After the construction, the foot should pay attention to the protection of the finished product.
EPS Moulding Coating
8. EPS moulding specification
EPS polystyrene board (not less than 18kg / m³, Class B1 fire protection requirements)
Alkali-resistant glass fiber grid cloth (not less than 80g / m2)
Impact resistance ≥3J;
Wind pressure resistance, negative wind load test value> 12.0 Kpa;
Vertical tensile strength ≥0.1Mpa;
Water absorption rate ≤500g / m2
Fire Protected EPS Columns Moulding
9. What is the composite of EPS moulding?
EPS decorative moulding is made of B1 grade fire-resistant polystyrene as the main body, pasted with alkali-resistant glass fiber mesh cloth, and combined with a polymer cement mortar bonding layer and an anti-crack mortar outer layer.
10. What are EPS moulding application places?
European style villas, townhouses, high-rise buildings with EPS mouldings.
The main product developed by EPS mouldings is EPS, a new type of green building material that will dominate the exterior wall decoration in the future.
EPS Line is a new type of exterior wall decoration line and component, which can completely replace traditional GRC cement components, and is more suitable for installation.
The exterior walls of EPS and XPS insulation can reflect European, classical, and elegant decoration styles.
It is complicated to install cement components, the construction period is long, and cracks and poor durability occur over time.
EPS Moulding Applications
11. Where is eps moulding used for?
EPS decorative mouldings are cut by computer numerical control, which is fast to produce and has a wide variety of models, such as lines, Roman columns, window covers, bucket arches, etc., which can be installed on the four sides of windows, door edges, eaves corners, and walls; make the facade of the building It is more beautiful and brings new and different ideas to architectural designers.
12. How many EPS moulding types does Sunnyda have?
The main products are carved products, window covering lines, waistlines, door covering lines, cornice lines, beam brackets, Roman columns, door decorations, decorative components, and other products.
Different Types of EPS Columns Moulding
13. How to pack and ship EPS moulding?
Eps mouldings packaging: mainly using plastic tape packaging, should be lined with hard materials at the corners.
Or you can use adhesive mortar in woven bags or paper bags, but it must be sealed to prevent moisture or leakage.
Storage; eps mouldings should be stored in a dry, ventilated place away from fire sources and protected from the rain. Also, store according to the product’s model and specifications.
The storage period must not exceed the shelf life of the material.
Transportation: The packing tape and the transportation equipment must be firmly fixed when transporting the eps moldings.
Pyrotechnics are strictly forbidden; rain is prevented; heavy pressure, slump, or collision with sharp objects may be avoided to avoid product damage.
14. How does Sunnyda control EPS moulding quality?
- A test report issued by the testing department of metrological certification is provided for EPS molding products, and a product certificate is attached.
- The constituent materials of EPS moulding shall be implemented in accordance with industry standards (technical regulations for external wall insulation engineering).
- EPS moulding should be carried out only after the quality acceptance of the base of the outer wall is qualified, and the site construction conditions should meet the requirements.
- EPS moulding should be firmly bonded to the base layer without looseness or hollowness. The area of the polystyrene board and the base wall surface must not be less than 40% of the area of the polystyrene board.
- The configuration of the adhesive and the surface mortar shall be mechanically agitated, and materials exceeding the operable time shall not be used.
- The grid cloth should be pressed tightly, and there should be no bulging, wrinkles, warping, exposure, etc. The length of the turn-over and overlap should meet the relevant regulations.
- The plastering mortar and EPS moulding should be firmly bonded, without delamination and hollowing, and without defects such as ash exposure and cracks.
EPS Moulding Quality Inspection
15. How to calculate EPS moulding?
EPS decorative mouldings are generally divided into two categories when calculating engineering quantities.
Window sill lines, door and window covers, eaves lines, waistlines, and other lines with a width of less than 200 mm are calculated based on the actual installation quantity and extended meters.
If the width of the line exceeds 200 mm, there are two cases: 1. Normally, according to the icon, Calculate the expansion area other than the size of the bonding surface or the sum of the lengths of the rectangular three sides. 2. The wall structure needs EPS mouldings for filling.
When the hidden surface (including the bonding surface) of the EPS filling material exceeds 1/2 of the expanded area of the periphery, it is calculated as 3/4 of the expanded area of the line.
Roman column caps, railing column caps, arcs, pattern splicing, corner wrapping, pillar wrapping, etc.
Due to the diverse shapes, high technical requirements, and difficult installation, its engineering volume is generally based on the decorative outer surface of the product.
The area is calculated by multiplying the factor 2.2.
16. Can I customize EPS moulding from Sunnyda?
Of course, we can produce according to your detailed drawing.
Customized EPS Cornice Moulding Pillar
17. How long does it take Sunnyda to deliver EPS moulding?
Normally for about ten days.
18. What is Sunnyda’s production capacity for EPS moulding?
Our production line can produce about 4000m one week.
19. How do you make EPS moulding?
Grassroots acceptance inspection (the flatness of the grassroots must be within 5mm, the yin and yang angles are straight, and there is no looseness or bulging in the grassroots) → grassroots treatment → measurement, pay-off, hanging line → preparing mortar → pasting EPS decorative members → sanding EPS decorative members → Filling seam of Styrofoam or EPS decorative member → Anchor nail, patch → Polymer cement anti-cracking mortar layer
EPS Moulding Plastering
20. Is polystyrene toxic to humans?
EPS decorative mouldings can be fireproof and do not emit toxic substances. They are environmentally friendly, high-quality decorative building materials.
Using synthetic fibers as raw materials, it has reached the national standard for non-toxic and harmless green products for engineering decoration.
21. EPS moulding advantages
- Fully demonstrate the smooth and elegant feeling of the building.
- Architects can boldly give play to their design concepts and architectural styles.
- Labor-saving, material-saving, simple operation, safety and reliability, and good thermal insulation performance.
- The shape and surface structure of the components are delicate uniform, and the geometric dimensions are accurate (error 0.5 mm or less).
- No cracks in the joints, water resistance, fire resistance, leakage resistance, weather resistance, and durability.
- No potential danger, lightweight, easy handling, and high safety.
- Thoroughly solve the problem of cold and hot bridges in insulation walls, doors, and windows.
- The installation components can be directly pasted with facing bricks (stone) below 30kg / m².
Lightweight EPS Column Moulding
22. What other moulding exists in the market?
- On-site molding of concrete cast-in-situ lines: Concrete cast-in-situ mouldings need to be molded on-site. The stencil can only be used once, huge waste, easy to expand the mold, difficult to guarantee the geometric size, artificial painting on the surface is difficult to achieve the effect, and it does not have thermal insulation performance.
- GRC prefabricated mouldings: GRC prefabricated mouldings are heavy, have potential safety hazards at high altitudes, geometrical dimensions are not accurate enough, joint seams are difficult to handle, and installation is complicated. Steel expansion bolts connected to the wall affect the appearance of the external wall. The joints are easy to crack, not waterproof, have no thermal insulation performance, and cannot prevent cold and hot bridge effects.
- Gypsum molding: The gypsum moldings itself is not waterproof. When it encounters rain and sunlight, it will have low weathering strength, poor weather resistance, cannot be used outdoors, and has poor accuracy and no thermal insulation performance.
EPS moudling is a thermal insulation composite line that can solve the above problems in one fell swoop, making production, construction, and installation very simple.
GRC Prefabricated Moulding
23. What are the specifications of EPS Moulding?
EPS moulding tends to have different specifications and will be based on the client’s needs. The EPS moulding like we make can have the following specifications;
The bulk density can vary from one client to another. This is calculated based on the nominal thickness of the EPS moulding.
The common options available are 15, 20, 25, 30, and 35 kg/m2. There is always a tolerance of 5% given on bulk density.
Of course, the size is still critical. The sizes of the moulding can vary from 3.0 x 0.6m as the standard size or it can be based on what you agree with us to supply you with.
Another consideration under dimensions is the thickness. The material will mostly be of thicknesses 15, 20, 40, 60, and 100mm. You can also get a custom-made size based on your needs for EPS moulding.
Each of the moulding would definitely feature tolerance too in the dimensions. A tolerance of 2mm will be given on the length, thickness, and width.
The thermal conductivity is measured at 0 to 10 degrees C. The company undertakes a series of tests to ensure the moulding can live up to the customer’s needs in regards to thermal conductivity.
EPS Moulding Customizable Dimensions
24. Is there a difference between EPS and XPS Mouldings?
When you first come across these two, sometimes you can easily be confused about them. So, it is vital to understand their differences so that you know where best to use them.
EPS stands for Expanded Polystrene while XPS stands for Extruded Polystyrene. You can easily see that it may be confusing but know you know the first difference.
The other differences are mentioned below.
The manufacturing process
Both mouldings would use the same raw material which is polystyrene resin. However, the manufacturing process is different.
For EPS, the expanded plastic polystyrene resin is moulded to form the shape you want while having a closed-cell material. This material then uses the trapped air inside the cells as the insulating medium.
As for XPS, here the resin will be extruded by using a die to get the shape of the moulding. Well, it still uses the trapped air for the insulation properties.
EPS will have a compressive strength of 15, 25, 40, and 60 PSI
XPS will have a compressive strength of 15, 25, 40, 60, and 100 PSI, making it even stronger.
Most of the time, moisture performance for such materials is based on 15 years of real-world exposure.
We find that EPS moulding would maintain 94% of the R-value. This is quite a good retention performance considering that XPS would only maintain 52% of its original R-value.
EPS moulding when measured after 15 years was found to contain only 4.8% moisture. This is a good performance since XPS moulding would have around 18.9% moisture content.
So far we can see that EPS would be less affected by moisture compared to XPS. So, depending on the location of the project, sometimes it might be better to consider EPS moulding over XPS moulding.
EPS moulding contains a higher rate of permeability. This means that there will be quicker moisture expulsion and thus able to maintain R-value performance.
XPS moulding on the other hand comes with a lower permeability rate. This in turn delays the drying process. As such, you may experience a lower R-value recovery time if the moulding is exposed to moisture.
EPS contains up to 15% recyclable material. As such, you can keep it from going to the landfill by putting it to other uses.
XPS does have some recycling content, but it is very limited. Also, not all XPS mouldings might have recycled content.
EPS moulding is considered safe for the environment since it does not contain CFCs, HCFCs, and HFCs. The white colour you see of the EPS moulding is all-natural.
The XPS moulding will contain a lot of HFCs. These are all harmful to the environment. Also, XPS mouldings tend to have color dyes.
The EPS moulding is mostly cheaper. It can cost 30% cheaper than XPS mouldings. That is more reason to pick it if you are on a budget.
So, right now you have an idea why the EPS moulding is mostly prefered than other moulding types. You get to pick it with the full information in mind too.
25. Why is EPS Moulding used in the Construction Sector?
It is possible you may have come across EPS moulding in the construction sector. However, you might have questions about why this is the case. Here are a few reasons this is the case.
- EPS has low thermal conductivity. This is thanks to having the closed cell structure filled with air. This structure makes it hard for the passage of cold and heat. You can now expect it to have a higher capacity for thermal insulation.
- Compared to other materials, EPS mouldings would be low in weight. The mouldings would have densities ranging from 10 up to 35kg/m2. Since they are light, the EPS moulding would be easier to set up and be safe even for the construction workers.
- Since EPS moulding will have excellent mechanical resistance, it will be a great choice for roof structures too. Some use it for sub-pavement flooring, and road-building too as additional applications.
- EPS mouldings generally have low water absorption rate. This means that it is able to maintain its mechanical and thermal properties even better. So, even if you let the mouldings be exposed to moisture, dampness, or humidity, it will be good enough.
- Ease of installation and handling is another reason EPS found favor in the construction sector. If you can handle the mouldings as suggested by Sunnyda, you should expect a perfect finish. Also, being lightweight means transportation to the construction site is easier.
- Chemical resistance means that you can use the EPS mouldings with other materials. This includes salt and fresh water, plasters, and cement.
- Versatility is quite important in the construction sector. This is something that EPS moulding does very well. This is because it can be cut to shape and size based on the needs of the construction project.
- How about aging? EPS mouldings have so far shown how good they can be in terms of durability. Since EPS is not affected by parasites or fungi, it should be a great material for durability generally.
EPS Moulding is Being Used for Building Construction
26. What is the Manufacturing Process of EPS Mouldings?
Understanding how EPS mouldings are made is vital for using them appropriately too. Here is a quick manufacturing process that Sunnyda uses to ensure the best outcome.
The expandable beads in this stage are exposed to steam. The steam will make the plastic polystyrene soften making it ready for the next process.
The vapor pressure is increased which in turn makes the softened beads to expand 40 times more than their origins volume.
It is worth noting that the final density is also calculated at this point.
Aging of EPS
Once the expansion has been done, the aging process starts on drying beds in large silos at the company. The aim of this process is to help the expanding agent to be replaced by air into the cells. It is the air that would be used for insulation once the moulding is in use.
Aging is also key in the stabilization and cooling of the new pre-foam from the previous stage.
This is the critical stage as you now get the EPS moulding. It is a simple process that involves blowing the EPS material into a mould. The result is that you can now have a customized block you can use for different projects.
Different clients would have different needs for EPS moulding. So, the mouldings can be varied from time to time.
As part of producing stable EPS blocks, drying is crucial. The process involves passing the moulding through a controlled oven for proper drying. The process is still vital for removing any residual blowing agent that is yet to be removed in the other processes mentioned above.
The finishing part can involve many things. One of them is to cut the blocks to the desired shape and size. For this process, Sunnyda will use a hot wire cutting machine. There can still be many other finishes. It all depends on what you need. If this intrigues you, then come and see what Sunnyda can do for you.
EPS Foam Moulding Finishing Process
27. Where can Sunnyda EPS Mouldings Be Used?
The good thing about EPS mouldings is that they are highly versatile. Here are some of the ways the Sunnyda EPS mouldings can be used.
- Villa. Remember when we pointed out that EPS mouldings are lightweight? Well, being lightweight means that you can use for villa too. You can find them mostly being used for making the upper floors and can easily be shaped to look as you want.
- Villa window frame are also options where you could use Sunnyda EPS material. It is the best material since it is stong, stable.
- Landscaping with EPS materials is nothing new. We have seen many companies adopt the use of such materials since they are durable and can be flexible. You can find some adding golf courses and gardens too to such a project as a way of improving the roofing of their homes and make it more lively.
- EPS could also be used for Roman column.
These applications mentioned above are just a few options. You can always find a lot more uses for EPS and experience more of its benefits too.
Sunnyda EPS Moulding Installation in A Villa
28. How Does Sunnyda Remain Environmentally Responsible with EPS Mouldings?
Whenever a material is used in the construction sector, there is always the debate of how such material is good or bad for the environment. Since EPS mouldings are made of polystyrene resin, sometimes it can be controversial. So, here are reasons why you should not worry so much about EPS being bad for the environment.
- EPS mouldings make buildings energy efficient. This is accounting to the U.S. Green Building council. Their study found that EPS building would help in energy consumption since it offers better insulation. Also, it eliminates the need for a concrete slab in some cases.
- EPS can also lead to green house gas reduction. This is unlike the XPS material. So far, studies show that EPS is cheaper than XPS thus you get to save on the environment and also the construction cost too.
- EPS is mostly made of recyclable material. Such material can help you end up saving a lot more EPS mouldings from getting to the landfill.
- Also, the mouldings do not contain harmful formaldehyde, HCFC’s, and CFC’s. It is for these additional reasons that you may sometimes find it better to use than XPS materials. It is also good at offering the best structural integrity anyone wants for a building.
- EPS will also have a high resistance performance against moisture absorption. This means you have better control of humidity and air infiltration into the building. Such is a vital feature important to reduce mold development in the building.
Anyone can now see why it would be vital to use EPS while at the same time remaining an environmentally friendly building solution.
Sunnyda Environmentally Friendly EPS Moulding