Galvalume Steel Coil Supplier
- Excellent Heat Insulation, Sound Proofing, and Water Resistant
- Competitive Price
- High Mechanical Strength
- Strong Corrosion Resistant
- Short Delivery Time 4-7 days
Your Reliable Partner and Galvalume Steel Coill Manufacturer
Sunnyda has about 20 years of experiencein the manufacturing of Galvalume Steel Coil. We have different thickness ranges according to the requirements of customers. It hasa highly corrosion-resistant surface. It is a winding coil made up ofgalvalume steel. You can use itfor making agricultural equipment, automobile bodies, solar panels, etc. It is highly durable as it can perform more efficiently than other steels. Galvalume Steel Coil can bear all types of environments.
A Galvalume Steel Coil manufactured and supplied by Sunnyda is specially processed steel material to resist oxidation or corrosion. It can be painted also but mostly it does not need paint as its shining surface attracts the people. Sunnyda provides a convenient and reliable suggestion for various issues. Galvalume Steel Coil plays a very important role in the engineering and construction fields. It comes in various models based on its sizing, thickness, and other dimensions.
Our Galvalume Steel Coil is rigidly tested and expertly crafted to maintain an attractive and durable appearance. It is also capable of bearing extremely high temperatures. Expert engineers and skilled metallurgists of Sunnydamanufacture, packaging, test and deliver it to our valuable customers for their applications.
Sunnyda is here to provide high-quality products and second to none technical support services. We have a huge variety of Galvalume Steel Coil in different sizes.So! What are you waiting for now? We have a well-researched and informative buying guide for your convenience. If you still have queries, feel free to contact us.
- Data Sheet
- Galvalume Steel Coil Details
Ultimate Guide to PPGI Coil
Galvalume Steel Coil-An All-Inclusive Buying Guide by Sunnyda.
Galvalume Steel Coil is what you can buy when looking for High-quality material for your applications and building processes.
It provides you corrosion-free roofing, sidings, and furnace parts, etc. This product comes up with very unique and protective characteristics for building the exterior of commercial or residential products.
You need proper guidance about it if you are going to purchase it. After choosing the right product you need to study its packaging, delivery, servicing, etc.
There is a lot more to know about Galvalume Steel Coil in this guide. So, without further delay, let’s jump into this well-researched guide.
1.What is a Galvalume Steel Coil?
2.What is the Manufacturing Process of Galvalume Steel Coil?
3.What are the Features of Galvalume Steel Coil?
4.What are the Applications of Galvalume Steel Coil?
5.What are the Mechanical Characteristics of a Galvalume Steel Coil?
6.What are the Advantages of Using Galvalume Steel Coil for your Application?
7.How a Galvalume Steel Coil is Different from Galvanized Steel Coil?
8.How Much Thicker a Galvalume Steel Coil is?
9.Where you Shall not Use Galvalume Steel Coil?
10.What Type of Paints can be used for Painting a Galvalume Steel Coil?
11.How can you Look after Galvalume Steel Coil after the Installation on Roofs?
12.What is the Average Life of a Galvalume Steel Coil?
13.What should be the Packaging Requirements for Galvalume Steel Coil?
14.What to Expect from the Manufacturer When Purchasing High-Quality Galvalume Steel Coil?
15.What are the Advanced Testing Facilities for Galvalume Steel Coil?
16.What First Aid Measures can be Taken When Processing Galvalume Steel Coil?
17.What Type of Sealants are Recommended for a Galvalume Steel Coil?
18.How to Install Galvalume Steel Coil?
19.What is the Disposal or Recycling Considerations for a Galvalume Steel Coil?
What is a Galvalume Steel Coil?
Galvalume Steel Coil is coiled carbon steel with a coating of alloy. This alloy includes the properties of aluminum with malleability and safety of zinc.
It is mostly used for various purposes to protect the base metal that is prone to rust. It is more efficient to resist oxidation as compared to carbon steel.
It is different from galvanized steel in different aspects. Different metals can be coated with a galvalume such as cast iron, low alloy steel, ferrite stainless steel, and martensitic stainless steel, etc.
The most common usage of a Galvalume Steel Coil is outdoor metal roofing and paneling as it has super corrosion resistance abilities than standard steel even when it’s raining or snowing.
What is the Manufacturing Process of Galvalume Steel Coil?
Galvalume Steel Coil is approximately 50% more corrosion resistive as compared to the galvanized sheet. That’s why it can be used for roofs and sidings of buildings.
Following are the steps in the process of manufacturing:
- After cold-rolled steel brings to the aluminized zinc facility, passing through un-coiler it is passed through degreasing section and reduction furnaces for cleaning and reduces its composition so that it can be easily processed.
- The layer of zinc is placed on the coil by passing it through the zinc pot. after the zinc pot it looks beautiful.
- The Final comes to the post-processing stage after various processes like straightening, finishing, and finishing it is wind up on winder to form a final product.
- 55 % of aluminized zinc provides the protective function of a barrier. When zinc has cut edges aluminum will form an insoluble oxide layer for protection.55% aluminized sheet has good reflectivity of heat and good adhesion property.
What are the Features of Galvalume Steel Coil?
Due to the following salient features, Galvalume Steel Coil became very popular among its class.
- It has a smooth shiny spangled and uniform appearance, to attract users.
- While touching some products of the same class fingerprints are left on the product which seems too bad, its special coating does not leave your fingerprint and it looks better and long-lasting.
- The surface is treated as per ROHS (restriction hazardous substances) rules.
- A variety of thickness range is available for the easy choice for your application.
- Its coating makes it a very good reflector of heat, so it does not absorb the heat and keep the room temperature moderate.
- It also the ability to provide high resistance for oxidation or corrosion, and works for a long duration without any signs of corrosion.
- Its shiny surface does not need any paint, but if due to some reason you are required to paint, it’s not difficult to paint it.
What are the Applications of Galvalume Steel Coil?
The galvalume is available in the form of a sheet or coil; it is used in applications that need high corrosion resistance and high heat reflectivity or less heat absorption.
It is s used for construction equipment, agricultural equipment, and several other applications. Its shiny outer surface enables it to be utilized without paint.
It can also be used for ventilation purposes; it provides better resistance to oxidation and can be utilized up to the temperature of 315 Degrees Celsius without discoloring.
The followings are some other applications of a Galvalume Steel Coil:
- Roofing and siding of the building.
- Ducting of air conditioners or chillers.
- Room Cooler body.
- Furniture for outdoor use.
- Solar heating panels and reflectors.
- Heat plates for roofs to reflect heat.
- Electrical and light fixtures.
- Agricultural equipment is used for farming.
- Galvalume Steel Coil may also be used for automobile body making.
- It is also used to make panels of different equipment used in an open and high-temperature environment.
What are the Mechanical Characteristics of a Galvalume Steel Coil?
Galvalume Steel Coil is also known as aluminum and zinc-coated steel as substrate and it has better rust prevention abilities than galvanized steel coil.
Some of its mechanical characteristics are as follow:
- Aluminium-zinc coating rangeabout30~180g/m2
- The thickness range is about 0.20~1.20mm
- The width range of Galvalume Steel Coil is about 600~1250mm
- Coil Weight range 3~8 tons
- Surface Treatment includes Anti-finger printing, oiled/non-oiled surface, Chromated
- Hardness can be normal, hard, or full hard.
What are the Advantages of Using Galvalume Steel Coil for your Application?
The most important benefit of using a Galvalume Steel Coil is that it is a high corrosion resistive material. Its composition of aluminum increases its corrosion resistance ability by two.
If you are going to buy it for a highly humid and salt spray environment, you will be surprised to see its robust protection against rust. For some marine environments, galvanization may not be enough.
It is a lightweight metal with high strength. Its coating is so strong and flexible enough that it will not flake or crack even if it bent.
The steel coating of a Galvalume Steel Coil has a bright reflectance surface in sunlight and it reduces the heat absorption on roofing or panels.
You can add up re-emissive pigments it will give protection to your product from corrosion. It is a less expensive and more efficient steel product and requires very less cost of repairing.
You can use it for structural siding and architectural roofing as well. It provides service for a long time with efficient heat resistance and corrosion-free features.
It can be installed over already existing placed surfaces such as wood shingles or roofing. It can be bent, rolled, or stamped easily.
How a Galvalume Steel Coil is Different from Galvanized Steel Coil?
Galvalume Steel Coil and galvanized steel coil are different from each other. The main difference between both of them is their composition.
Galvalume Steel Coil is a combined form of aluminum, zinc, and silicon, on the other hand, galvanized steel coil is completely zinc.
It has a very small amount of silicon in it while zinc and aluminum are present in equal ratios.
The major benefit of the Galvalume Steel Coil-over galvanized steel coil is that it can perform more batter due to its higher protection ability.
It is less likely to be rust than galvanized steel even if placed in water or other liquid that can increase the oxidation.
How Much Thicker a Galvalume Steel Coil is?
The galvalume material used in Galvalume Steel Coil is applied by using the process of hot dipping. Due to this process, it attains a similar thickness to the galvanized material processed by hot dipping.
Its thickness is round about 1 mil thick but it can vary based on coating specifications.
If you see the thickness of Galvalume Steel Coil galvanized coated steel. You will see with equal thicknesses the galvalume steel material will survive for more time than the other one depending on weather conditions.
You can determine its thickness by measuring its dimensions and putting the values in a mathematical formula.
Where you Shall not Use Galvalume Steel Coil?
Galvalume Steel Coil is used for many applications such as sidings, making cabinets, and other piping accessories. There is not any specific place where you shall not use it.
You must know another thing that you should not use in an alkaline environment. It is because galvalume cannot perform well in this type of environmental situation while galvanized steel coil may be a good choice in that condition.
You should not use it near mortar or concrete. They are also considered as highly alkaline surroundings. Using Galvalume Steel Coil barely or painted, can make it suffer rapidly rusted and
If you will use Galvalume Steel Coil in alkaline environments, it will become damaged and will not meet its purpose and if your application is subjected to scratches and indentation galvanized steel coil will help in this regard.
What Type of Paints can be used for Painting a Galvalume Steel Coil?
Although has a bright, shiny, and spangled appearance and does not need paint, if it is necessary to get your Galvalume Steel Coil painted, any of the paint which is used to paint galvanized sheet may be used to paint your Galvalume Steel Coil.
All the workmanship practices should be observed which is used in galvanized painting.
Following types of paints may be used to paint your Galvalume Steel Coil.
Zinc Dust Zinc-Oxide an Oil Primer
This type of paint is widely used to paint galvanized sheets with good finish and success. Its standard specification is TT-P-641.
Exterior Acrylic Latex Paint
It is a widely available paint with a variety of colors.
Butyral Wash Premiers
These types of paints are applied in a very thin film to enhance the adhesiveness of the topcoat.
These are usually used with the compound of fibrous pigment.
How can you LookafterGalvalume Steel Coilafter the Installation on Roofs?
The proper care and cleaning of painted Galvalume Steel Coilincrease its life. Mostly simple washing is not enough so there must be a proper care plan to be followed.
- For heavy dirt deposits you can apply the following mixtures:
- Take a mixture of gallons of warm water with one cup of non-toxic cleaner (Biodegradable) having less than 0.5% of phosphate.
- Dissolve a cup of simple ammonia in five gallons of water.
- You can take 1/3 cup of cloth washing detergent as per gallon of water.
- For fungal growth or mildew you can go for the followings:
- Add a cup of soap to 5 gallons of water.
- Use ¼ of bleach to 1/3 of normal water with 1/3 of washing detergent.
- Use a soft brush, sponge, or low-pressure spray for washing the panels from the bottom to the top.
- Now rinse the panels with clean water to remove any residue.
- Maintain and clean your Galvalume Steel Coil roofing whenever required.
What is the Average Life of a Galvalume Steel Coil?
The average life of a Galvalume Steel Coil can be estimated by the following pints.
- The researches on the Galvalume Steel Coil life cycle shows that while using Galvalume Steel Coil for roofing purposes its life is approximately 50 to 60 years without any extreme signs of corrosion.
- Some metals become dull by scratches and baring deep dings, but your Galvalume Steel Coil will not dull with this up to 20 years of service.
- 40 years of service is the minimum life span of your Galvalume Steel Coil.
- However, the life span depends on different factors like environment, application, and some other factors.
- For external use like roofing and siding of the building has a different life span than the use inside the building.
- Anyhow in even the worst-case scenario, your galvalume sheet does not lose up to 50 to 60 years. Because it does not absorb heat and reflect the heat which may be harmful to Galvalume Steel Coil.
What should be the Packaging Requirements for Galvalume Steel Coil?
Before you complete your order, you must need to pay heed to the packaging requirements of your Galvalume Steel Coil.
Its packaging must be according to its needs and customer requirements to ensure its safe arrival. The requirements of packaging are different for export and domestic markets.
Generally, you must consider the following packaging requirements:
- Consider your requirements and needs as the priority.
- Calculate transportation time before it is dispatched.
- Inspect weather conditions during transportation.
- Study proper handling guide during transit to avoid any damage.
- A storage practice is another important point to be noted during packaging.
- Study domestic/International Rules and regulations on packaging material and procedure.
- Proper handling at your premises.
- Must consider types of packaging.
- Packaging must be of high-quality material.
What to Expect from the Manufacturer When Purchasing High-Quality Galvalume Steel Coil?
While purchasing a high-quality Galvalume Steel Coil from the manufacturer, ensure the following things from the manufacture.
- Ask the manufacturer about which type of Galvalume Steel Coil is best for your use, for this purpose visit different manufacture.
- Check the manufacturer for their repute in the market, it can be asked from old users.
- Get a quote from a different manufacturer for your required quality and specification.
- Ask the manufacturer that delivery charges are included or not in the quoted price.
- Will the manufacturer provide after-sale service or not.
- What mode of payment manufacturer prefers?
- The Galvalume Steel Coil should have no scratches on it. It may reduce the lifespan of the sheet.
- Will the manufacturer provide the experts for the installation of your Galvalume Steel Coil?
- Will the manufacturer provide the warrant and for how much period prefer the manufacture with a large warrant be preferred.
- Check the gauge of the sheet is proper as told by the manufacturer.
- Check the weight balance is calibrated. It can be checked by measuring the weight of known quantities on the manufacturer’s balance.
What are the Advanced Testing Facilities for Galvalume Steel Coil?
Some advanced research and testing facilities for Galvalume Steel Coil are given below:
- Lock former
- Metallurgical microscope
- Karl fischer titrator
- Dry film thickness test
- MEK (Methyl Ethyl Ketone) test
- Bend test
- Accelerated corrosion test
- Portaspec for surface chroming
- Muffle furnace
- Pencil hardness test
- Digital hardness test
- Computerized UTM
- Roughness tester
- Hardness tester
- Salt spray chamber
- Abrasion test
- Pressure spot test
- Baking test
- Stain resistance test
- Adhesion test
- Thickness measurement
- Coating content Measurement
- Curing test
- Solvent resistance test
- Glass transition test
- Dry Heat test
- Optical emission spectrometer
- Atomic absorption spectrometer
- Low magnification microscope
- Scratch resistance test
What First Aid Measures can be Taken When Processing Galvalume Steel Coil?
When processingGalvalume Steel Coil, you need to take proper safety measures to stay safe.
Some safety tips for different hazard conditions are as follow:
- Inhalation: If someone accidentally inhales it during welding, grinding, or burning, take away the person in the open fresh air.
- Eye Contact: If it gets into someone’s eye during processing, Rinse the eyes of a person with fresh water.
- Skin Contact: If rash or irritation occurs after handling, wash thoroughly with plenty of water. If still, it is not fine then get medical advice.
- Ingestion: Galvalume Steel Coil is generally not in the form of exposure but during its further processes if it exposes or feels uncomfortable, Get medical attention.
Normally, all these effects or symptoms are not present a chronic or an acute health effect. However, the further process of grinding and welding on Galvalume Steel Coilmay illicit them.
What Type of Sealants are Recommended for a Galvalume Steel Coil?
Galvalume Steel Coil uses sealant to form watertight joints between overlapping areas. The main purpose is to achieve efficient environmental durability.
It is suggested to use a silicon rubber between overlapping areas of Galvalume Steel Coil as a sealant.
This material doesn’t require any priming and is non-corrosive, flexible as well as heat resistant, humidity, and ultraviolet rays.
While choosing a sealant for your Galvalume Steel Coil must ensure that it does not contain amines or acetic acids. Amines or acetic acid in sealants promotes the corrosion during beginning stages.
General-purpose high volume synthetic rubber and elastomeric polymer butyl rubber can also be used as a sealant in Galvalume Steel Coil.
How to Install Galvalume Steel Coil?
The most common and popular among all Galvalume Steel Coil roofing is the standing roof seam system (SSRS), It is made up of metallic coated steel metal panels, fitted together at the sides and also joined with the wooden or metallic substructure using concealed fasteners and clip concealed fastener is used to avoid any leakage or seepage from the fasteners hole.
For new roof installation galvalume steel panels are installed on purlins directly concealed clips are attached to the purlins, and the panels are attached to form crimping and snapping on the seams of sheets.
For most retrofit applications, the panels are inserted on a substructure system in turn attached to the roof structure.
To provide drainage and optimum performance the minimum recommended slope is ¼ 12 otherwise the rainwater will stop on the roof and cause your roof to damage.
The fasteners should be made up of high quality, to withstand the life of your Galvalume Steel Coil.
Immediately after installation clean the panels and remove all construction debris like unused fasteners rivets stem the rusting of debris may cause the roof corrosion.
What is the Disposal or Recycling Considerations for a Galvalume Steel Coil?
The Galvalume Steel Coil should be disposed of according to the rules and regulations told by the law of the state. The dust and fumes from its welding, grinding, and burning can also be recycled for further usage.
It can be recycled by using the following steps:
- Collect all the used Galvalume Steel Coil particles to be recycled.
- Now, Sort out the metals and separate them from non-metals.
- The quality of the steel being recycled is another important consideration.
- The next step is the processing of the sorted metal to squeeze or compact it.
- In the shedding stage, the metal is crushed into tiny pieces.
- Now the time comes for melting and purification. It melts in a large furnace to melt it based on its properties.
- Purification is a main step of the procedure to ensure that the final product is superior and free from impurities.
- After the purification, it is then carried by the conveyor belt to solidify.
Galvalume Steel Coil is formed by Galvalume sheet that prevents its surface from rusting. It increases the life of the product for which it is used. It is different from galvanized steel coil.
It has different physical and chemical properties. One of its most common uses is roof paneling. With its enhanced protection ability, it performs very well even in harsh weather conditions.
Use the proper method for the cleaning of Galvalume Steel Coil to maintain its quality and resist the speedy process of oxidation. It can be painted if required.
Study the complete guide about it to purchase the exact product for your application. Otherwise, you will be unable to break its benefits properly.
FAQs of Galvanized Steel Coil.
- Which is Better Galvanized Steel Coil or Galvalume Steel Coil?
Galvalume steel Coil is better than galvanized steel coil because it has high corrosion resistance but in galvalume, scratches and cut edges are less protected but overall galvalume has an excellent performance.
- Can you Install a Galvalume Steel Coil Roof on an old Flat Build Up Roof?
It is an ideal recommendation for retrofit roofs and its lightweight makes it more suitable for any old leakage of the conventional roof system.
It can be eliminated by using a Galvalume Steel Coil structure because it is costly to demolish the old roof and construct, it also requires emptying the building to construct a new roof.
- Has Your Galvalume Steel become Dull with time?
Although maximum metals become dull, corroded, and scratched within the early years of installation galvalume sheet does not get dull and looks shiny for two decades of years.
- Is Galvalume Steel Coil Is Better Than Aluminum?
Yes, Galvalume Steel Coil is better than aluminum because it’s cheaper price and efficient.
- Can you Paint the Galvalume Steel Coil?
No, it is not necessary, the Galvalume Steel Coil has a shiny surface which is not a good absorbent of heat.
The shiny surface reflects the heat and keeps the room 40% to 50% cool on the painted surface. But you can paint it if painted appearance is required due to some reasons.
- What is the Color of your Galvalume Steel Coil?
It is a highly reflective silver color that appears in a unique pattern in all because of the use of the latest coating technology used for its coating.
- Why the Roof of Galvalume Steel Coil is Inclined in Shape?
The roof made by Galvalume Steel Coil is kept inclined for easy flow of rainwater and it also provides better corrosion resistance to your Galvalume Steel Coil.
- Why Galvalume Steel Coil is Used for Floor and Sidings?
The Galvalume Steel Coil is used for the floor and siding because it is coated by a mixture of zinc, aluminum, and silicone coating which resist fingerprints and scup better than a bare-metal product.
- What is siding? Where you may Use Galvalume Steel Coil?
You may use the Galvalume Steel Coil as a wall of your room and the wall is called the siding of the building.
- On What Sort of Metals do your Galvalume Steel Coating may be used?
Galvalume coating is generally applied to high carbon steel, but some other materials that can be galvanized can also be coated with galvalume for high-quality performance such as:
- Cast iron
- Ferrite stainless steel.
- Why Should Galvalume Steel Coil Not Be Used in Alkaline Environment?
Galvalume-coated materials may not be used in the alkaline environment it is because the aluminum in the galvalume will not hold up in this environment.
- Is Galvalume Steel Coil Toxic?
The galvalume is the sale in the shapes of sheets and coils this is not toxic in any shape but when however during further processing (like welding cutting and grinding) it may harm.
So ensure to wear a mask, gloves, and glasses while performing these processes. If something went wrong consult your doctor.
- Can Galvalume Steel Coil be Welded?
Yes, the Galvalume Steel Coil can be welded by using resistance welding and arc welding process.
It produces fewer fumes while welding galvalume sheets than the process of welding galvanized steel, all the precautions and safeties must be observed while welding.
- What are the Metals Used in Galvalume Steel Coil for Roofing?
Galvalume Steel Coil roofing is made by combining three important metals, aluminum, silicon, and zinc, its composition is 55% of aluminum, 1.6% silicon, and 43.4% zinc.
- What is the Difference between Cold Rolled and Hot Rolled Galvalume Steel Coil?
The cold-rolled is pressed and rolled at room temperature while the hot-rolled Galvanium Steel Coil is pressed and rolled at a very high temperature.