Galvanized Steel Coil Supplier
- Excellent Heat Insulation, Sound Proofing, and Water Resistant
- Competitive Price
- High Mechanical Strength
- Strong Corrosion Resistant
- Short Delivery Time 4-7 days
Your Reliable Partner and Galvanized Steel Coil Manufacturer
A builder and anyone dealing with stainless steel knows the importance of Galvanized Steel Coil for the protection of their metallic equipment. It is better to protect it rather than replacing it with a new one after a few months. Sunnyda allows you to galvanize your steel items with a metal such as zinc. It will prevent interaction with the external environment thus preventing rusting and corrosion.
Sunnyda is well known for creating innovative solutions for the enhanced life of your steel items. We have an expert team of experienced engineers that design and create Galvanised Steel Coils for all your stainless steel applications. We provide a warranty for the maximum output and premium quality is also guaranteed.
Sunnyda aims at providing the highest quality Galvanised Steel Coil which offers maximum resistance against rust and corrosion. It will not just keep your stainless steel equipment new but also save you from the hassle of increased maintenance and unsafe use. The idea is to provide affordable processes for the protection and smooth working of your industries, automobiles, and other steel assemblies.
With 24/7 customer care, Sunnyda can satisfy all the customers and meet up their expectations. A highly professional team is available for your guidance and helps you choose the best Galvanised Steel Coil for your application. You can avail of guidance and other services by calling us any time of the day. 100% cooperation from our side is guaranteed.
Ultimate Guide to Galvanized Steel Coil- An Ultimate Buying Guide by Sunnyda.
Who doesn’t want a clean and non-rusty metal surface which can be achieved with the help of a Galvanized Steel Coil?
A rust-free metal surface is desirable for applications such as household items, electrical appliances, transport, fish farming, sheltering, and buildings.
A Galvanized Steel Coil is made by a simple galvanizing technique with zinc. However, it is long-lasting and keeps your metal new for years.
Galvanizing allows the metal to have a barrier with the external environmental factors which are responsible for rusting. Thus it keeps the metal shining and strong.
This guide has all the information about the properties, working, formation, and application that you need to know about a Galvanized Steel Coil. So let’s start the guide.
1.What is a Galvanized Steel Coil?
2.What Process is used in Making Galvanized Steel Coil?
3.How is the Hot Galvanizing Process used in Making a Galvanized Steel Coil?
4.How is Electrolytic Process used in Making Galvanized Steel Coil?
5.What are the Special Galvanizing Designs and Fabrications used in Making Galvanized Steel Coil?
6.What are the Applications of Galvanized Steel Coil?
7.How is Galvanized Steel Coil used in your Industry?
8.How is Galvanized Steel Coil used at Home?
9.How is Galvanized Steel Coil Used in Cars?
10.How is Galvanized Steel Coil Classified According to Countries?
11.What are the European Standards of Galvanized Steel Coil?
12.What are the US Standards of Galvanized Steel Coil?
13.What is the Thickness of Galvanized Steel Coil Used?
14.What Kind of Steel is used in Manufacturing Galvanized Steel Coil?
15.Which Process Causes the Highest Yields for Galvanized Steel Coil?
16.How Many Type of Surface Qualities are there in Galvanized Steel Coil?
17.What is the Surface Treatment used in Galvanized Steel Coil?
18.What is the Surface Finishing used in Galvanized Steel Coil?
19.Can any Food be in Contact with Galvanized Steel Coil?
20.Why is Zinc Needed on the Surface of Galvanized Steel Coil?
21.Can Galvanized Steel Coil Corrode or Rust?
22.Does Galvanized Steel Coil Give Minimum Result in a Salt Spray Test?
23.How did the Industrial Process of Making Galvanized Steel Coil Changed over Time?
1. What is a Galvanized Steel Coil?
A Galvanized Steel Coil is a metal coil that has been galvanized to prevent rusting and increase its life. Galvanizing is a process in which an element like zinc is coated onto another metal surface.
This coated metal surface becomes resistant to reaction with the environment and thus it does not corrode.
This property of a Galvanized Steel Coil is utilized in several applications such as building, roofing, electronic appliances, and commercial and residential farming.
With supreme quality and maximum productivity, a Galvanized Steel Coil enables you to increase the maximum output of your application. Whether you use it in industries or home appliances, it has a user-friendly and safe operation.
A Galvanized Steel Coil is obtained by immersing a thin steel plate in a zinc bath. The zinc particles adhere to the steel plate and gradually build up to form a coating. It also offers a greater ability to be welded and painted.
2. What Process is used in Making Galvanized Steel Coil?
Two main methods are used in producing Galvanized Steel Coil:
1. HDG Technology
In this method, a protective layer is created by immersing the steel strip into the bath of molten zinc. This way, the steel coil becomes galvanized. There are a lot of technical steps involved in creating these. It is used in machine building, construction, and other industries.
2. Electrolytic Galvanizing
The other method is electrolytic galvanizing. This process is hardly used, and it is an electrochemical process. This process is usually used in transport, machine-building, and automotive products.
Other than these processes, there is also a continuous galvanizing process. In this process, there is also an additional coating of zinc to make the steel corrosion-resistant.
3. How is the Hot Galvanizing Process used in Making a Galvanized Steel Coil?
Let’s discuss one of the most commonly used methods to make a Galvanized Steel Coil.
This process is also at times known as continuous galvanizing as it uses continuous galvanizing lines. These lines have non-oxidizing annealing furnaces.
This method is known as “the Sendzimir method.” Continuous galvanizing can be done through wet or dry flux; the method is also known as the Norman method.
- The production of Galvanised Steel Coil starts when steel coils are fed to go through a process of continuous hot-dip galvanizing.
- Steel coils are used as feedstock material. The non-oxidizing annealing furnaces are coated on top of the steel coils.
- After that, electrochemical cleaning is done to remove any annealing furnaces left.
- After the cleaning is done, it has to be dried.
- Later, the strip is annealed enough to require mechanical properties from it.
- The material is then dipped in the bath of molten zinc. The layering of zinc takes place in a way that its thickness is controlled.
- The strip is then cooled down to move it through other processes.
- Once the strip cools down, the finishing procedure starts.
- The finishing procedure includes the passivation process, oiling process, leveling the layering process, and drying it.
- Once dried, coiling is done to produce a Galvanized Steel Coil from a simple steel sheet.
- The other procedure used for hot-dip galvanizing is the use of wet and dry flux.
- The feedstock needed for the process should have a proper set of mechanical properties since the feedstock used in this process does not have annealing furnaces; some steps are taken before galvanizing the strip.
First of all, the strip is degreased with a solution of alkali in combination with a pickled acid. The strip is then coated with a very smooth layer of zinc chloride, ammonia chloride, and other additives flux. The flux is then dried in a protective atmosphere.
After drying, it is dipped into a molten zinc bath; this process is very important as it removes all the pickling residue substances. It also removes the moisture from its metal strip, making it easier to form.
The final step is the application of a thin film of zinc to help in the reduction of surface tension.
4. How is Electrolytic Process used in Making Galvanized Steel Coil?
Electrolytic galvanizing is a rare process used to manufacture Galvanized Steel Coil.
- This process is a chemical process that works by applying acid or alkali electrolytes and a zinc layer using a bath. Both work simultaneously to form a smooth zinc layer.
- During the process, the electrons move through the electron transport chain. On the other hand, the zinc ions in the electrolyte flow move from anode to cathode.
- This process is only used when a thin-gauge material requires coating or galvanizing. The layer is pretty thin, and it accurately follows the product shape. The layer is recorded to be only 5-12um.
- When we compare it to the hot-dip galvanizing process used to make Galvanized Steel Coil with this Electrolytic process, we realize that the brittle intermediate layers are missing.
- These layers are important as they make the electrolytic coating of zinc more plastic-like. This doesn’t happen in hot-dip galvanizing.
5. What are the Special Galvanizing Designs and Fabrications used in Making Galvanized Steel Coil?
Steel corrodes easily, and to protect steel or steel coils from rusting, hot-dip galvanizing is used. All kinds of ferrous materials and cast iron can be protected from this kind of hot-dip galvanizing.
- This process is recently carried out to protect steel coils and convert them to Galvanized Steel Coil.
- It is significant to ensure that all required design and fabrication steps are guaranteed to provide a high-quality
- The most important of all fabrication is the selection of proper steel. At times, the steel available in the market is a mixture of various chemistries.
- If the steel is not in the right form, it might cause excessive thick coating.
- If the steel used has a tensile strength of more than 150 ksi, it may also cause strain-age embrittlement by the steel.
- To create a perfect Galvanized Steel Coil, choose the right steel.
- When you are done make the right fabrication choice, come to the design.
The Issues Include:
- Overlapping surfaces.
- Having different thicknesses in an assembly.
- Moving parts in the assembly.
The through-holes can also cause problems resulting in a bad coating of zinc on the steel sheet.
If you cannot accommodate in the design the proper free flow of clearing solutions, air, zinc, and fluxes, you also can’t achieve a smooth zinc coating.
All necessary holes, vents, drain holes, and gusset corners should be properly checked before starting the galvanizing process.
6. What are the Applications of Galvanized Steel Coil?
A Galvanized Steel Coil has the following applications;
- Automotive parts
- Door handles and doors
- Roofing and sheltering
- Electrical products of various kinds
- Truss plates
- Sashes and flashing
- Mechanical industries
- Animal husbandry
- Construction of buildings
- Storage farming
- Metal building purlins
- Electronic appliances
- HVAC products
- Household items
7. How is Galvanized Steel Coil used in your Industry?
Galvanized Steel Coil is used in all sorts of industries, mechanical industries as well as construction industries.
This equipment includes all metering devices, packaging material, and home appliances.
It is used for the outer body of many industrial machines simply to protect them from corrosion. Hence, you don’t need to upgrade your mechanical machinery every 6 months.
Piping and Insulation
The construction industry has vastly used these in sandwich panels, all lining of heat pipes, and other places of heat insulation.
Galvanized Steel Coil is also used in low-rise construction and light thin-walled structures.
Apart from the use in heating insulation, they are also used in conditioning systems. Culvert pipes, cladding of entry doors, profiled sheeting, and metal roof shingle all use Galvanized Steel Coil for durability.
PVC windows, pipes, doors, and plasterboards used in European-style building construction use these.
It is used in all kinds of structures such as balconies, rooftops, ladders, verandahs, and walkways.
Wind and solar industries also use them since solar projects have a constant workflow once they are installed. Changing them requires a lot of hassle, maintenance cost, and revenue loss.
Therefore it is best to use a Galvanized Steel Coil in solar systems. The anti-corrosion and anti-rust properties are favorable properties for this application.
The telecommunication industry also uses Galvanized Steel Coil in their phone lines. Phone lines require a lot of maintenance; they are high up above and reaching them for maintenance means a great hassle. Galvanized Steel Coil reduces the risk of damage.
8. How is Galvanized Steel Coil used at Home?
Galvanized Steel Coil is used in the manufacture of all kinds of housewares.
The most important use of them is used in everyday household projects and DIYs. Galvanized Steel Coil is used in piping, such as cold-water plumbing and other electrical grids.
Piping and Waterlines
Galvanised Steel Coil is used in the interior piping for drinking water in many homes, schools, and other places.
They are also used in playground equipment such as monkey bars, jungle gyms, different swing sets, and bicycle racks.
There are beds, tables, closets, and study shelves made out of stainless steel. As these things are constantly in contact with the environment, they must be protected through galvanizing.
The most common use is in everyday stuff such as bowls, tableware, tanks, buckets, and other household items.
9. How is Galvanized Steel Coil Used in Cars?
Galvanized Steel Coil is used in all internal and external manufactures of different body parts of the cars. Even other transport items such as buses, trucks, etc.
The production and repair of parts if vehicles need a long-lasting and rust-resistant metal for increased productivity.
10. How is Galvanized Steel Coil Classified According to Countries?
A different set of standards and code of application applied to Galvanized Steel Coil in other countries.
It is important to know what standards every country has set up for their Galvanized Steel Coil production if you are planning on starting a business.
The standards include specific steel grades to be used in the manufacture of Galvanized Steel Coil. Every country is also specific about the size ranging used.
Application of coated steel in a Galvanized Steel Coil, such as cold forming, profiling, and other manufacture of steel structures.
The chemical composition of a Galvanised Steel Coil is also considered. The chemical compositions are pure zinc, zinc and iron, zinc and aluminum, aluminum and zinc, and zinc magnesium alloy.
The thickness and weight of the protective coating applied.
11. What are the European Standards of Galvanized Steel Coil?
EN ISO 1461 is a single standard to be followed for hot-dip galvanizing in a Galvanised Steel Coil. It is a simple process and it depends upon three factors;
- The fabrication connection
- The size and shape of the fabrication
- Additional coatings might be required.
There are over 100 standards that can be followed in this regard.
- EN ISO 14713-1
- EN ISO 14713-2
- BS 7371: Part 6
- EN 10244: Part 2
- BS 3083
- EN 10346
- EN 15773
- EN 13438
12. What are the US Standards of Galvanized Steel Coil?
The US standards followed for manufacturing the Galvanized Steel Coil use the hot-dip method with metallic coating ASTM A653/A653M.
The hot-dip process in cut lengths and coils used zinc-iron alloy-coated, zinc-coated, or stainless steel sheets and coils. It is done to produce:
- Structural steel
- High strength steel
- Commercial steel
- Deep drawing steel
- Solution hardened steel
- Improved formability steel
- Bake hardenable steel
- Extra deep drawing steel
The basic idea is to enhance the qualities such as:
- Yield strength
- Bending properties
- Effective bend test
13. What is the Thickness of Galvanized Steel Coil Used?
The thickness of a Galvanized Steel Coil plays a major role in how it works and how long it prevents corrosion.
The most common thickness used is about 3-8mils. This thickness must be equally spread on both sides. The layering should be evenly distributed along with the Galvanized Steel Coil.
The thickness ranges according to the weldability, and the weldability depends upon the weight of the zinc coating.
It usually depends on the use of the product for a Galvanized Steel Coil. If a Galvanised Steel Coil is used for building purposes, then the coating must be thick.
14. What Kind of Steel is used in Manufacturing Galvanized Steel Coil?
While manufacturing a Galvanized Steel Coil, simple steel sheets are used. Steel has a high cost and stainless steel is even more expensive.
The quality of stainless steel is better, so most companies manufacturing this steel coil prefer stainless steel sheets, giving them about fifty percent more labor costs. Stainless steel sheets provide better results as compared to a normal steel sheet.
15. Which Process Causes the Highest Yields for Galvanized Steel Coil?
The process of hot-dip galvanizing gives the highest yields of Galvanized Steel Coil as that process is more reliable.
It depends upon the size of the tube and the gauge whether this hot-dip galvanizing process can give a good yield strength or not.
The typical minimum yield strength of a Galvanized Steel Coil is 55,000 psi. The hot-dip galvanizing process only achieves this strength; other processes cannot give this much yield.
16. How Many Type of Surface Qualities are there in Galvanized Steel Coil?
There are three kinds of surface qualities of a Galvanized Steel Coil that are most widely used in most countries.
Surface A Quality
The Surface A quality of a Galvanised Steel Coil is the surface quality that is achieved right after the coating is applied. Surface A quality in a Galvanized Steel Coil is the lowest of all qualities.
Surface B Quality
When the already existing surface quality is improved in a skin pass mill, it is called surface B quality. It is further processed to improve the quality. Surface B quality is normally used in Galvanized Steel Coil.
Surface C Quality
The surface C quality of a Galvanised Steel Coil is also achieved by the process of skin pass mill. A homogeneous layer is applied. That layer is a layer of decorative paint. The controlled surface only allows one application. It is the best quality by far.
17. What is the Surface Treatment used in Galvanized Steel Coil?
The surface treatment is of five kinds;
- Chemically passivated treatment
- Oiled treatment
- Passivated and oiled treatment
- Phosphate treatment
- Organic insulation coating treatment
18. What is the Surface Finishing used in Galvanized Steel Coil?
The surface finishing is the last important process in the manufacture of a Galvanized Steel Coil.
There are two different kinds of surface finishing techniques used in the making of Galvanised Steel Coil.
N Surface Finishing
The first one is the normal gloss, also known as “N.” It uses the standard spangle pattern that allows the zinc coating to harden out with natural means.
M Surface Finishing
The other one is a minimum gloss on the Galvanized Steel Coil, also known as “M.” It uses the minimum spangle pattern by adjusting the molten zinc composition according to the specific measures.
These measures ensure an accurate hardening of a subsequent surface finishing of the Galvanized Steel Coil.
19. Can any Food be in Contact with Galvanized Steel Coil?
The Galvanised Steel Coil is flawlessly safe. However, if any food holds an acidic substance, that might react with the zinc shaping salts.
This reaction can wear off the protective coating thus exposing the metal surface to external agents that cause rusting.
20. Why is Zinc Needed on the Surface of Galvanized Steel Coil?
Zinc is the only metal that provides full protection against rusting and corrosion. It helps the steel base from rusting.
A Galvanized Steel Coil must have its zinc coating before the steel in it starts to deteriorate. Zinc has the most prominent properties to be used in this process.
21. Can Galvanized Steel Coil Corrode or Rust?
Normal steel might rust, but the main purpose of galvanizing the steel coil is to save it from rusting. Therefore, it does not rust for many years.
However, It might rust after fifty to sixty years when the protective layers get destroyed.
22. Does Galvanized Steel Coil Give Minimum Result in a Salt Spray Test?
A salt spray test is the laboratory test carried on a Galvanized Steel Coil to see how it makes red rust appear.
The test appears to be negative because of the inherent variances of the coil which has been protected.
23. How did the Industrial Process of Making Galvanized Steel Coil Changed over Time?
The manufacturing process of a Galvanized Steel Coil has evolved with advancements in technology and increasing time.
A few years back, the only process of making a Galvanized Steel Coil was the pre-treated hot-dipping process.
Over the years, many new techniques have been discovered to manufacture the Galvanized Steel Coil, such as the electro galvanizing process.
Before you invest in a Galvanized Steel Coil to make your buildings, electrical appliances, and car parts last longer, you must be aware of the main properties, formation, and applications.
By knowing the right tips and tricks to use and maintain your Galvanised Steel Coil, you can increase the lifetime of your building, vehicle, or any other electrical appliance.
FAQs of Galvanized Steel Coil.
- What are the Benefits of Using a Galvanized Steel Coil?
There are multiple benefits of using a Galvanized Steel Coil. Some of them are listed below:
- Has a long life.
- It is reliable.
- Has the toughest coating of zinc.
- Has the lowest first cost in many countries.
- Provides full protection for damaged areas.
- What are the Four Major Steps of Making a Galvanized Steel Coil?
The four major steps of manufacturing a Galvanized Steel Coil is as follows:
- Cleaning steel
- Galvanizing steel lowered into the kettle
- Final inspection
- How long does a Galvanized Steel Coil Last?
A Galvanized Steel Coil is perhaps the most durable of all steel coils. It lasts for several years, typically 65-70 years if not affected by harsh conditions. Always see the life chart before buying.
- Can a Galvanized Steel Coil Resist High Temperatures?
The acceptable temperature for any Galvanized Steel Coil is below 390F, but if this steel coil is of higher quality, it can also resist temperatures beyond 390F.
- Why does a Galvanized Steel Coil Need Paint?
A Galvanized Steel Coil can improve its quality if it has a paint mixed with zinc coating rather than just the zinc coating.
The paint and zinc coating works as a synergistic effect as it provides two times more protection against corrosion.
The duplex coating can be easily repainted and provide better color-coding.
- Is Hot-Dip Galvanized Steel Coil Better than Zinc-plated Galvanized Steel Coil?
Yes, hot-dip Galvanized Steel Coil is about ten times better than zinc-plated Galvanized Steel Coil.
- Why is it not Possible to Harden a Galvanized Steel Coil?
It is not possible to harden a Galvanised Steel Coil because the edges are lost during the process.
- Why is Some Galvanized Steel Coil Shinier than Others?
The more pure the zinc layer is on a Galvanized Steel Coil, the shinier it may look. As the intermetallic layers start to expose, they may start to look dull and matte.
- Is the Zine Coating even on the Galvanized Steel Coil?
No, the zinc coating is not even on the Galvanized Steel Coil.
- Can a Galvanized Steel Coil be painted?
A Galvanized Steel Coil can be painted for better aesthetics.
- How much weight of zinc does a Galvanized Steel Coil has?
A Galvanized Steel Coil has 3.5% zinc weight.
- Is Galvanized Steel Coil Environmentally Friendly?
Since zinc is an environmentally friendly metal, a Galvanized Steel Coil is also environmentally friendly.
- Is a Galvanized Steel Coil More Expensive than a Painted Steel Coil?
The cost of manufacturing and maintaining a Galvanized Steel Coil is less than the painted steel coil. The cost depends upon square feet per ton.
- Does Galvanized Steel Coil Rust Faster in an Automotive?
An automotive has many things working alongside which makes the Galvanized Steel Coil rust faster than in an open environment.
- What are the Kettle Sizes Used for Manufacturing Galvanized Steel Coil?
The large kettle size is about 33ft x 5.4 x 8ft deep and the small kettle size is 25ft x 5 x 8ft deep.