Your Premier Mobile Laboratory Supplier
- Customize Size
- Laboratory Facility and Equipment can Be Customized
- Can Make Your Lab Clean Room Cleanliness 100-100,000
- Exterior Wall can Install Graphics with Customer’s Logo
- 24/7 Technical and Sales Service
Your Reliable Partner and Mobile Laboratory Manufacturer in China
Sunnyda have many years experience in manufacturing of bespoke mobile laboratory. It is widely used in science education, science research, air, water, soil analysis and monitoring and many other test activities.
Sunnyda mobile laboratory basic features with strong steel structure trailer frame, DOT fit trailer parts and lights. For mobile laboratory unit basic feathers with door, window, ceiling mounted LED light, non-slip stainless steel floor, toilet, stainless steel sink, shower, fresh and waste tank under floor, water heater, refrigerator, diesel or gas generator, sleeping area, air conditioner and laboratory table and chair. Sunnyda mobile laboratory can offer the facility that a fixed lab can offer.
We also cooperated with high end lab equipment supplier, can supply you HPLC and GC, as well as other equipment, consumables, and reagents to give you a complete solution. For your specific application, Sunnyda would be glad to work with you to fix the right facility and equipment.
Sunnyda is your leading manufacturer of mobile laboratory!
|Body||Fiber glass sandwich panel or called FRP panel- Luxury model|
EPS sandwich panel – Standard model
|Fresh tank||Customized size, material 5mm PE|
|Waste tank||Customized size, material 8-9mm PE|
|Weight||According to size, when water and waste tank is empty.|
|Condition||Full mounted in factory|
|Loading||In 40HQ, how many units in a 40HQ according to size|
|Delivery time||30 days|
|Electrical||Lighting 12V, as per customer local standard|
|Our service||Engineering-production-shipping-installation-warranty-after service support you develop your business|
Sunnyda Mobile Laboratory
Sunnyda mobile laboratory wall and ceiling is smooth fiberglass board, insulated by polyurethane foam. All surfaces, edges, corners, and joints that can be exposed to any fluid will be sealed. Which is easily cleaned. Subfloor is fiber cement board 18mm.
Sunnyda can make your mobile laboratory a clean room if you have special needs. With RO purification system, HVAC units, exhaust fan and high efficiency filter to keep circulating clean air, meet cleanliness 100-100,000.
Sunnyda mobile laboratory fully amounted in our workshop, can be put to use once you received it. The facilities and equipment inside unit is well fixed and reinforced during shipping. All the electrical and plumbing system is tested before departure. And power standard meet your local standard. Most parts and equipment certificated with CE, and trailer certificated with DOT. Sunnyda has extensive experience ship to worldwide seaports and had shipped to EU countries, US, AU, Canada and many other countries.
Contact us today to customize your mobile laboratory!
Mobile Laboratory: The Ultimate FAQ Guide
- Chapter 1: What are the Tests most Performed in Mobile Laboratories?
- Chapter 2: How do you Clean a Mobile Laboratory?
- Chapter 3: How can you Manage Waste in Mobile Laboratory?
- Chapter 4: Do Mobile Laboratories have Rooms for Specialized Testing?
- Chapter 5: How Big is Mobile Laboratory?
- Chapter 6: Mobile Laboratory Units are made using what Materials?
- Chapter 7: What is the Minimum Time of Setting up a Mobile Laboratory for use?
- Chapter 8: What is the Lifespan of Mobile Laboratory?
- Chapter 9: What is the Cost of a Mobile Laboratory?
- Chapter 10: How does a Mobile Laboratory Compare to Brick and Mortar Laboratory?
- Chapter 11: Which Quality Standards should Mobile Laboratory for Sale conform to?
- Chapter 12: What are the Optional Features of Mobile Laboratories?
- Chapter 13: Why Import from Mobile Laboratory Manufacturers in China?
- Chapter 14: What are the Design Options of Mobile Laboratories?
- Chapter 15: How does a Mobile Laboratory and Mobile Clinic compare?
- Chapter 16: Do Mobile Laboratories have a Warranty?
- Chapter 17: How do you Power a Mobile Laboratory?
- Chapter 18: What are the Safety Requirements of Mobile Laboratories?
- Chapter 19: Are there Alternatives to Mobile Laboratory Van?
Mobile laboratories have become popular in the recent times.
And, as you plan to buy mobile laboratory, there are many things you need to know such as design, quality compliance, features, and waste management, amongst others.
You will find all that here.
So, by the end of this guide, you will be an expert in mobile laboratories.
Let’s get started:
What is a Mobile Laboratory?
A mobile laboratory is a structure that is developed to provide on-site medical laboratory service. They are mostly used where there are no health infrastructures such as in active military zones and places hit with disasters.
Also, mobile laboratories offer rapid laboratory services.
Mobile laboratories are well-designed for use in rugged and remote environments.
All the instruments and equipment in a mobile laboratory are often securely mounted.
They are designed shock absorbers to avoid possible damage during driving.
Mobile laboratories are easily transportable due to their wheels. They can be relocated via air, ship or rail.
They are suitable for humanitarian and medical missions.
Mobile laboratories can exist as independent facilities or integrated with an existing healthcare facility.
They can be sold as mobile laboratory trailer, mobile laboratory van, shipping container, mobile laboratory truck or laboratory expanding shelter.
Figure 1 Mobile laboratory
What are the Components of a Mobile Laboratory?
A mobile laboratory has several components ranging from:
- Generator for powering a mobile laboratory.
- Heating and cooling system to ensure comfort in the mobile laboratory.
- HVAC systems; this is a heating, ventilation and air-conditioning system.
It is installed within the mobile laboratory to facilitate indoor and environmental comfort.
- Primary containment equipment; this helps prevent the risk of human and environmental contamination.
It provides a barrier to manage potentially hazardous material in the mobile laboratory environment.
What are the Features of Mobile Laboratories?
You can access a mobile laboratory with several features.
Below are the features of mobile laboratories.
- Electricity and gas supply system. There has to be constant supply of gas to the facility for use especially for the autoclave.
- Communication system; there is a central communication system that facilitates communication with between involved parties as well as transfer of information. There is a video surveillance system and internal communication network.
- Advanced ventilation system; their air and filtration system are very advanced.
Fresh aid is infiltrated into the facility and then renewed approximately 20 times every hour.
- Self-contained water and plumbing system; there is a water storage tank which is located in the auxiliary section.
Water is required to operate the air conditioning, vapor generator and autoclave.
- Also, water that is collected from showering or handwashing is collected in the waste water tank and pumped into a water sewerage tank for treatment and use.
- Mobile laboratories can be easily transported by air, rail, truck and ship.
What Equipment are found in Mobile Laboratories?
For efficient operation, a portable laboratory trailer has the following equipment:
Figure 2 Inside mobile lab
- Autoclave; this is a strong heated equipment used for functions such as chemical reaction using high temperatures and pressures.
It is often used to perform sterilization in a mobile laboratory.
- Centrifuge; this is an equipment that is used to separate a liquid from solid or fluids having different densities.
This equipment operates using centrifugal force.
- Freezer; this is an equipment that is used to store boxes of reagents and samples to keep them fresh for long.
- Refrigerator; this equipment is used to keep food specimens cold so they stay fresh for longer.
- Microscope; is an equipment used in the laboratory setting to magnify images of tiny objects that are not visible to the human eye.
Are Mobile Laboratories Customizable?
Yes, they are.
Mobile laboratories are customized according to size, purpose, and to the placed where the mobile laboratories are to be used.
You can also customize a mobile laboratory according to the tests that will be done so that only required equipment are included.
What are the Tests most Performed in Mobile Laboratories?
- Thyroid tests
- Diabetes check
- Male and female wellness panels
- Pregnancy tests
- STD testing
- Cholesterol test
- Soil, water and air testing
- Agricultural testing
Where are Mobile Laboratories used?
Offering on-site services; used in situations where testing at several locations has to be performed within a brief time frame.
Educational classrooms; can be mobile classrooms and teaching facilities
Travelling to places where disease outbreaks occur. In essence, they are deployed where disasters occur.
Mobile laboratories are equipped enough to deal with testing of Avian flus which often result in serious outbreaks.
Used in remote places where there are no laboratory facilities for patient testing.
Remote places often lack medical infrastructures to facilitate medical tests, and since mobile laboratories are portable they can be used instead.
Function as agricultural laboratory testing centers; water, air and soil analysis as well as monitoring are conducted in this facility.
How do you Clean a Mobile Laboratory?
Cleaning a mobile laboratory is quite easy.
However, when cleaning the mobile laboratory, one should wear protective clothing including masks, gloves and body gear.
Once protected, cleaning of the mobile laboratory can begin.
A mobile laboratory has to be carefully and thoroughly cleaned to remove all the pathogens in the facility.
The laboratory is first disinfected using high pressure water treatment.
The high pressure water reaches every corner and space in the mobile laboratory.
It is then sterilized. Either a chemical sanitizer or temperature vapor can be used. However, chemical sanitizers are preferred.
Focus is placed on the areas of direct contact such as doors, door handles, equipment and surfaces.
Ultra Violet Light decontamination is also used for terminal cleaning of the mobile laboratory.
The sinks are cleaned by washing with soap and warm water. These are places where the laboratory personnel wash their hands leaving some microorganisms.
Cleaning has to be done regularly to avoid build-up of pathogens in the laboratory.
Cleaning is done before any work begins in the mobile laboratory to prevent any possible contaminations.
How can you Manage Waste in Mobile Laboratory?
All the waste in the mobile laboratory must be disposed off well.
This is to avoid any possible contamination between the specimens and the staff as well as the other specimens.
Below are ways of managing the waste in the mobile laboratory:
- Waste within the mobile laboratory are thrown in labeled bins placed strategically in the different rooms.
Sharp waste is segregated from biomedical waste as well as blood and other fluids.
- These bins are closed with lids to avoid contaminations.
- All sharp bins should not be overfilled. All the waste especially sharp waste is incinerated within the facility.
- Other waste is thrown into landfills which are then burned or buried.
- The laboratory personnel are trained on how to handle laboratory waste to minimize contamination.
- The mobile laboratories are washed using high pressure mechanism. High pressure water mixed with biodegradable detergent is sprayed to all surfaces of the mobile laboratory for cleaning.
- All water used in the mobile laboratory from showers and handwashing are all collected and stored in a tank where they are treated and reused for other purposes.
Do Mobile Laboratories have Rooms for Specialized Testing?
Figure 3 Inside a mobile lab
Yes, they do.
These are special rooms stationed within the facility.
An entire trailer can similarly be used for specialized testing.
How Big is Mobile Laboratory?
The largest mobile laboratory can be 10M.
However, the size can be larger depending on client specifications.
The size depends on specifications such as size of the laboratory staff and expected volume of testing to be done.
Mobile Laboratory Units are made using what Materials?
Figure 4 Mobile laboratory
Mobile laboratories are made using special raw materials.
Some of the most popular materials include:
Aluminum is used for framing and all the corner cover of the mobile laboratories.
Aluminum is also used to make the frames of the doors and windows.
Aluminum has special properties such as greater strength, light weight, and can be formed into different customs.
Galvanized and painted steel is used to make the structure of the mobile laboratories.
As a result, the final product is lightweight.
Stainless steel is also used to make the sinks of the mobile laboratories.
They have unique properties which range from easy accessibility, high tensile strength and affordability.
Sandwich panel is used to make the walls and roof of the mobile laboratory.
Doubled fiber glass sandwich panel is used for these specific sections of a mobile laboratory.
It has a PU, XPS or EPS which function as the insulating core material.
They have great properties such as being less costly, light weight and having high structural rigidity.
All these qualities make them suitable for creating the mobile laboratories.
PVC board is used for sub-floor, 18mm thickness. It is great water-proofing, and anti-microbial.
PVC material is high-quality and durable.
What is the Minimum Time of Setting up a Mobile Laboratory for use?
The minimum time of setting up a mobile laboratory for use upon arrival is 40 minutes and by around 4 personnel.
Basically, this involves preparing the testing equipment and setting up the staff for work shifts. Once it is ready, the staff begin the operations without difficulty.
What is the Lifespan of Mobile Laboratory?
The lifespan of mobile laboratory is more than 15 years.
A mobile laboratory has a longer service life. It can be used for a very long time to serve the patient population.
What is the Cost of a Mobile Laboratory?
A mobile laboratory is sold at competitive prices.
The cost of a mobile laboratory depends on the prices set by competitors in the market.
The cost also depends on the country of purchase.
In China, mobile laboratories are cheaper due to the economies of scale and the ability to purchase in bulk.
Clients get discount prices for their mobile laboratories once they purchase in bulk.
The prices of the mobile laboratories also depend on the customization of the mobile laboratories.
When there is more personalization of the mobile laboratories according to customer specifications, they cost more.
The maintenance cost of the mobile laboratory is not high.
The maintenance cost includes the diesel to power the generators, electricity bills, waste management, and other miscellaneous costs.
The cost of a mobile laboratory also depends on their shipping cost.
If the shipping cost is low, then the final price of the structure will be affordable.
How does a Mobile Laboratory Compare to Brick and Mortar Laboratory?
First and foremost, mobile laboratory and brick and mortar laboratory both offer medical testing services to patients.
- While a brick and mortar laboratory are stationery and permanent, a mobile laboratory can be moved from one location to another.
This allows it to serve different locations where there is need for immediate laboratory testing.
- It is easy and quick to conduct laboratory tests in a mobile laboratory and get results due to the reduced activity of collection and transport of specimens.
This is not the case in brick and mortar laboratory.
- It is costly to build a brick and mortar laboratory due to the building materials, labor and the additional costs incurred.
Mobile laboratories on the other hand are cheaper to build.
- Both brick and mortar laboratory and mobile laboratory can come in different sizes. These sizes depend on the client specifications.
Which Quality Standards should Mobile Laboratory for Sale conform to?
Figure 5 Mobile laboratory
Mobile laboratories meet all ISO 9001 standards and US building codes.
Mobile laboratories must also meet the Australian and European standards and building codes.
Also it depends which country is the mobile laboratory to be used, it must conform to local code, this special code can be required by customer.
What are the Optional Features of Mobile Laboratories?
Although a mobile laboratory has special features which make it stand out, there are some features that make them stand out.
Below are the optional features of mobile laboratories:
- Counter space for undertaking tests
- Specialized cabinetry for equipment
- Pullout areas to enlarge laboratory areas
- Non-skid rubber flooring
- Stainless steel or Aluminum counter tops
- Overhead cabinets
All these must be mentioned when making specifications.
You have to inform the manufacturing company to include these optional features for the final product.
Why Import from Mobile Laboratory Manufacturers in China?
China produces high-quality and durable mobile laboratories.
Chinese companies have decades of experience in manufacturing and shipping containers to Australian, American and European countries with repeat clients.
China mobile laboratory manufacturers offer customization services to its clients.
In China, mobile laboratories are sold at competitive prices.
Chinese manufacturing companies conform to all the stated quality standards of their country and to the nations they ship to.
China meets their clients at their location to commission as well as train them on their mobile laboratories.
What are the Design Options of Mobile Laboratories?
Some of the most common design options include:
· Modular Mobile Laboratories
This type of mobile laboratory can be easily expanded to have more rooms and areas.
Modular mobile laboratories have special plumbing systems as well as decontamination sections.
With this type of decontamination area, mobile laboratory is protected from contamination.
Although the rooms are made using containers, they are expandable. One can add more rooms as they please with ease.
· Single Cab Chassis
This type of design involves a single container mounted to the back of a van. It is not very large but contains adequate space to house the large equipment.
There is an external generator housed at the back of the generator.
· Double Cab Chassis
This type of design involves more than one container being mounted onto a trailer or van.
This type of mobile laboratory is large with adequate space not just for the equipment but also for the staff working in it.
It also has shower cubicles for the staff and open places for teaching students.
How does a Mobile Laboratory and Mobile Clinic compare?
Both mobile laboratories and mobile clinics are medical facilities on wheels. They are, therefore, highly portable.
Both of them can similarly be integrated to the brick and mortar facilities if need be.
While a clinic can have a laboratory within its facility, a mobile laboratory stands on its own.
A mobile clinic offers outpatient medical services while a mobile laboratory offers medical testing services.
A mobile laboratory and mobile clinic both offer a wide variety of services ranging from medical diagnosis and treatment to testing and science education among others.
Both structures are powered using either a disease generator or electricity from the local grid’s main power supply.
Do Mobile Laboratories have a Warranty?
Yes, they do.
They have a 1-year-warranty.
How do you Power a Mobile Laboratory?
A mobile laboratory must always be up and running. This can only be achieved through ensuring constant supply of power.
There are two main ways of powering a mobile laboratory:
· A Diesel Generator
A mobile laboratory should have at least two diesel generators especially when used in remote locations.
The generators are installed at the back of the vans and turned on when need arises.
· Mains Supply
A mains supply can be switched automatically to facilitate a reliable and timely supply.
The main supply is from the local power grid which may be steady or not.
It is imperative to understand that although not common, a mobile laboratory can be powered through a solar system.
Solar panels are placed strategically on the roofs of the mobile laboratories and used to power them.
What are the Safety Requirements of Mobile Laboratories?
Some of the main safety requirements include:
- A mobile laboratory must have a well-developed air filtration and ventilation system to help in promoting free flow of air and out of the laboratory.
- There should be hazard warning signs that are also used judiciously.
For instance, there should be signage reflecting the hazard risk to a specific equipment or chemical stored in the laboratory.
- Also, door of specific rooms that are potential hazard risks should be labeled.
Even if it is the entry to the laboratory, it has to be labeled to inform cleaners of how to act when cleaning the mobile laboratories.
- There has to be a central communication network to facilitate interaction between the laboratory staff.
- A mobile laboratory has a site utility which is self-contained.
All of the plumbing, water, mechanical and electrical system are maintained by the lab manager.
- A mobile laboratory must be well decontaminated to prevent any potential infections or health hazards that may arise.
- A mobile laboratory must have a fire alarm system which is triggered when there is a fire in the laboratory.
In the event that fires take place in the laboratories, it can burn up all of the specimens causing serious effects.
As such, a fire alarm system manned 24/7 by a staff must be available.
Are there Alternatives to Mobile Laboratory Van?
Yes, there are.
You can purchase a mobile laboratory expanding shelter, mobile laboratory trailer, shipping container and mobile laboratory truck.
All of these are made to aid to achieve various purposes of the clients.
Now, with the information in this guide, you can comfortably choose a suitable mobile laboratory of your choice.
The best part, Sunnyda House offers, high quality, reliable and cost competitive mobile laboratories.
Contact us now for best offers in mobile laboratories.