Your Premier Modular Hospital Supplier
- Customized Modular Hospital
- One Stop Solution for A Class Infectious Disease Hospital
- All the Medical Facilities and Equipment can Be in The Package
- Fast Production and Installation
- 24/7 Technical & Sales Service
Your Reliable Partner and Modular Hospital Manufacturer in China
Sunnyda is a professional modular hospital manufacturer in China, our engineers work with extensively experienced hospital design institutes to provide you the one-stop solution of modular hospital construction prefabricated in the workshop.
Compared to concrete building hospital, modular hospital can be quickly installed even in 12 days, each module is 6055x2435mm size, whole hospital combined by these uniform size units, shorten the production time as well as installation time. The modular hospital frame is galvanized steel and three-time paint steel 4mm thickness, wall and ceiling is insulated sandwich panel, floor is one piece PVC seamless.
All the joint of wall meet roof, wall meet floor and wall corner covered by arc aluminum channel, convenient for clean and disinfection. Sunnyda modular hospital windows and doors are all aluminum flush to wall, also use sealed clean room ceiling light. Usually Modular hospital use overall shower room, help avoid seepage. And using negative pressure sealed toilet to reduce wastewater output.
Sunnyda is your leading manufacurer of modular hospital.
|1||20ft Dimension||External Size(mm)||6058(L)×2438(W)×2791(H)|
|Roof type||Flat roof with slightly slope. Roof drainage system|
|Floors allowed||≤ 3 floors|
|2||Design specification||Lift span||20 years|
|Floor live load||2.5 KN/m²|
|Roof live load||1.0 KN/m²|
|Wind load||1.16 KN/m²|
|Seismic proof grade||8 grade|
|3||Structure||Column||Galvanized cold roll steel, thk 3.0mm, Q235B|
|Primary roof beam||Galvanized cold roll steel, thk 3.0mm, Q235B|
|Secondary roof beam||Cold roll C steel, thk 1.5mm, Q235B|
|Primary floor beam||Galvanized cold roll steel, thk 4.0mm, Q235B|
|Secondary floor beam||Galvanized cold roll steel, thk 2.0mm, Q235B|
|Paint||40μm epoxy zinc rich primer, 50μm chlorinated rubber topcoat|
|Color||Any RAL color|
|4||Roof||Roof boarding||0.5mm PPGI steel sheet, white grey|
|Insulation||50mm mineral wool, 60kg/m3, fire rating A, non-inflammable|
|Ceiling||50mm EPS sandwich panel (0.4mm PPGI/50mm EPS/0.4mm PPGI)|
Or rock wool
|5||Floor||Flooring||2.0mm PVC flooring,|
|Sub-floor||18mm fiber cement, density≥ 1.3g/cm3|
|Insulation(optional)||75mm rockwool, 60kg/m3, fire rating A, non-inflammable|
|Base plate||0.5mm PPGI steel sheet, white grey|
|6||Wall panels||Thickness||60mm EPS sandwich panel, 0.4mm PPGI/60mm EPS/0.4mm PPGI, PE paint|
|Option||60mm rock wool sandwich panel, insulation 100kg/m3 rock wool, A grade fire rating, non-inflammable|
|Insulation||40mm rock wool|
|Material||Aluminum frame sandwich panel door|
|8||Window with rolling shutter|
|Glass||Double glazed toughened glass, 5+9A+5mm|
|9||Electricity||Electricity System||Different electrical standards to match with most countries in the world; such as CE, UL, CSA, AS, 220~250V|
|Electricity wire||Input wire 4mm2, stand type A/C wire 4mm2, wall type A/C wire 2.5mm2, switch 1.5mm2|
|Socket||Fit for local standard, 3 pcs|
|LED light||Double 1200mm LED light, 2 pcs|
|10||Plumbing System (Option)||Clean Water||Φ20mm PPR|
|Waste water||Φ50mm&Φ110mm UPVC|
|11||Insulation test result||Floor||Thickness=80mm, U=0.25 W/m² K|
|Roof||Thickness=75mm, U=0.32 W/m² K|
|Wall panel||Thickness= 60mm,U=0.59 W/m² K|
|Window||Thickness= 5/9/5mm,U=1.4 W/m² K|
|12||Equipment||Hospital equipment||Sickbed, HVAC system, air conditioning system, high efficiency filter, pass box and much more according to customized|
Sunnyda Modular Hospital
Sunnyda modular hospital fully considered function of hospital, have a complete department like a traditional hospital. Sunnyda has the capacity and experience to design and produce A class infectious disease hospital, medical facilities and equipment can be shipped together in packages.
Considered personnel flow in and out, modular infectious disease hospital divided to semi-clean area, semi-contaminated area, and contaminated area, those 3 areas are clearly separated and have its own access. Buffer rooms are set between each area, and two doors of this room not allowed to open in the same time, to keep pressure difference from two areas, also help the fire prevention. The patient compartment is equipped with fresh air system and exhaust air system, air pressure is 5Pa lower than other space.
Sunnyda modular hospital can be delivered in one month, 4 modules are packed in a bundle shipped as a 20GP SOC. Equipment and other facilities can be loaded in sea container, we work with high standard medical equipment suppliers, can offer selected high quality medical equipment with CE FDA certificate.
Sunyda modular hospital can be customized to fit your special needs, contact us today for any questions, our technical and sales team will try our best to support you!
Modular Hospital:The Ultimate FAQ Guide
- Chapter 1: What is a Modular Hospital?
- Chapter 2: What are the Components of Modular Hospital?
- Chapter 3: Why choose Modular Hospitals?
- Chapter 4: Which Materials are used in Prefabricated Modular Hospital?
- Chapter 5: Are the Rooms in Modular Hospital Expandable?
- Chapter 6: How does a Brick and Mortar Hospital compare to Modular Hospital?
- Chapter 7: How are Modular Hospitals Powered?
- Chapter 8: Are Modular Hospitals Customizable?
- Chapter 9: What are the Safety Requirements of Modular Hospitals?
- Chapter 10: Do Modular Hospitals have a Warranty?
- Chapter 11: How long does it take to deploy a modular hospital?
- Chapter 12: What is the Cost of a Modular Hospital?
- Chapter 13: What is the difference between a Container Hospital and Modular Hospital?
- Chapter 14: What are the Design Options of Modular Hospital?
- Chapter 15: Are Modular Hospitals Prefabricated?
- Chapter 16: What Quality Standards should Modular Hospitals conform to?
- Chapter 17: Why Buy Modular Hospitals from China?
- Chapter 18: What is the Equipment in Modular Hospital?
- Chapter 19: Which Factors should you consider when buying Modular Hospital?
- Chapter 20: Which Department can you find in Modular Hospital?
With the massive changes taking place in the mobile hospital industry, modular hospitals are becoming a more preferred choice for those seeking flexible health services.
This FAQ guide provides information on the components, cost, benefits, and uses of modular hospitals among others.
In reading this guide, you will become an expert on modular hospitals.
Let me walk you through:
What is a Modular Hospital?
Figure 1 Modular hospital
A modular hospital is a structure that consists of several containers mutually interconnected.
In essence, they are prefabricated hospital buildings for immediate use.
Modular hospital construction is based on three main principles:
This hospital can be reduced or extended in size or lay out as specified by a client.
Even though modular hospitals may differ in composition of selected departments, there are some main departments/rooms included.
They include: a diagnostic room, admission room, emergency rooms, administration, pharmacy and laboratory.
Modular hospitals are designed to stand on their own or be integrated as part of an existing hospital.
What are the Components of Modular Hospital?
- Generator room; this is a single room where the generators are stored in the event that there is a need for automatic back up supply.
- Water treatment and incinerator; these systems are key for ensuring supply of safe water for use in the facility as well as an incinerator for destroying the waste produced in the modular hospital.
- Medical gas generation; the modular hospital produces its own medical gas used to power some of the machines.
- Pharmacy; place storing all the pharmaceutical products.
- Laboratory; area for conducting all medical and research tests.
- Treatment area; this is where the patients are accorded treatment once they are diagnosed.
- Bed wards; these are modules in which beds are placed for the admitted patients.
- Radiology unit; all the medical imaging, diagnosis and treatment of diseases in humans is done in this room/module.
- Intensive Care Unit; this is a special room where patients who experience life-threateningdiseases are housed. This is a very sensitive area in a modular hospital.
- Kitchen and Dining Hall; this is the room where the staff or patients take their meals.
- Laundry room; all the soiled clothing is cleaned in this separate room which exists in the modular hospital.
- Nurse call system; this is a special system which operates on a central network where nurses can easily communicate with one another.
Figure 2 Structure of modular hospital
Why choose Modular Hospitals?
Modular hospitals have become popular due to the following factors:
- Made using prefabricated modules which can withstand harsh climates
- Adaptable to every terrain due to their adjustable legs
- The materials used to make the modular hospitals are light and resistant to the chemical substances often used in medical facilities.
- The assembly of modular hospitals is simple and can be done autonomously.
- They are equally affordable to those who cannot afford to build conventional hospitals.
- They are considered to be the future of medicine
Which Materials are used in Prefabricated Modular Hospital?
Some of the main materials you can consider for module hospital include:
The frames of the modular hospital are made using galvanized steel. This galvanized steel is painted three times to a 4MM thickness.
Galvanized steel also makes it suitable for use in humanitarian missions and remote areas because the material has high tensile strength. Also, it is affordable and easily accessible.
Insulated Sandwich Panel
The wall and ceiling of a modular hospital are made using insulated sandwich panel.
Also, the insulating core of the two metal panels is mineral wool.
This material has great properties which make it suitable for building the modular hospital.
It is affordable, easily accessible, high structural rigidity and light weight.
It can, therefore, withstand harsh environmental and climatic conditions.
· PVC Seamless
One-piecePVCseamless is used to make the floor of the laboratory trailer.
The floor is, therefore, protected from any potential contaminations and makes it easy to clean.
PVC material is suitable due to its unique properties such as being highly rigid, durable and high quality.
The wall that meets the floor is made using arc Aluminumchannel.
Aluminum is chosen because it is not just convenient for clean but also for disinfection.
Doors and windows are similarly made using Aluminum.
Aluminum can be formed into different customs, light weight and of greater strengths.
All these properties make them suitable for the environments in which they are used.
Are the Rooms in Modular Hospital Expandable?
Yes, they are.
Rooms in the modular hospital are expandable and this is because units/modules are attached together.
The modular design is responsible for this ability. If you want to expand a room such as patient ward, a client adds more modules as they please.
It is actually a simple and convenient way of expanding the rooms.
Figure 3 Expandable hospital
How does a Brick and Mortar Hospital compare to Modular Hospital?
Here all you should know:
· Easy and Fast Construction
Modular hospitals can be constructed and deployed with 6-9 months contrary to brick and mortar hospitals which are constructed for an average of 5-8 years.
Also, since prefabricated materials are used to make the modular hospitals, it takes lesser time to assemble and install the structure as compared to a conventional hospital.
Brick and mortar hospitals take long to build and when there are weather changes, there could be delays which extend the time for completing the structures.
Brick and mortar hospitals are averaged to be about $1,500,000 per bed while modular hospitals are averaged to be around $500,000 per bed.
The costs for the modular hospital can include the price, and/or the production cost, installed equipment as well as the shipping costs.
However, the brick and mortar hospital cost must also include the cost of the land on which the structure, labor costs and these above-mentioned factors.
Modular hospitals allow future expansion just as brick and mortar hospitals.
Compartmentalized and scalable modules are added to the already existing structure to introduce any new departments or rooms.
As such, it is easier to expand the rooms of a modular hospital if a client wishes so.
This is not fully the case with conventional hospitals which are static.
While their expansion is complex, they can be expanded upwards and outwards.
Modular hospitals can be easily relocated to different places.
This is however not possible with brick and mortar hospitals.
It can also exist on wheels which is not the case with mortar and brick hospitals.
Conventional hospitals are permanent structures which once set on a specific site cannot be moved to other sites.
As compared to a brick and mortar hospital, a modular hospital can be installed within 12 days. This is fast enough to be able to open for business.
The modules are attached together to form the modular hospital.
Besides, they are a uniform size of 6055x2435mm shortening the installation time.
The installation of brick and mortar hospitals, on the other hand, is complex and takes a lot of time.
A modular hospital has a fully functional department as a brick and mortar hospital.
They have radiology, laboratory, maternity and surgery as well as pharmacy department among others.
All these departments are equally found in a conventional hospital.
What are the Benefits of Modular Hospital?
Some of the benefits of modular hospital include:
Figure 4 Modular hospital
· Capable of Being Self-contained
Modular hospitals have most equipment and systems installed such as creating energy, medical gases, disposing of waste, plus water and sewer holding tanks onboard
· They are Cost-contained and Affordable
The production as well as construction cost of modular hospitals is low.
Prefabricated materials are cheaper and can be easily assembled and installed.
Modular hospitals are built in a shorter time in an economical and safer way.
A modular hospital can cost $500,000 which is cheaper as compared to conventional hospitals.
Modular services provide utility services to the clients.
Some of them include patient entertainment services and Wi-Fi, gift shop and a remote camera monitoring and security system.
Conventional hospitals also have gift shops, entertainments services and Wi-Fi among others.
· High Quality
Arrive on-site pre-certified so limited quality or legal problems.
Modular hospitals are expertly designed; certified and experienced engineers create the modular hospitals for spaciousness, comfort and efficiency.
Conventional hospitals are high quality but it all depends on the raw materials used as well as the engineering designs.
The materials used have to be certified. They must pass quality control tests.
· Fast Deployment
Modular hospitals can be deployed and operational within 2 weeks upon delivery.
A conventional hospital cannot be deployed but is built at a static position.
Even so, this quality makes modular hospitals suitable for use in emergency situations and humanitarian missions.
Modular hospitals are scalable and componentized. Other auxiliary models can be added later without much difficulty thus expanding a facility’s capabilities.
A brick and mortar hospital can integrate modules as part of its structure to add more medical services or rooms.
· Portable and Adaptable
They are uniquely adaptable and portable.
Modular hospitals can be relocated to various places through rail, air or ship.
The units are transported singly.
Also, they are constructed with the best hospital-grade flooring as well as surfaces for ease of decontamination and maintenance requirements.
Modular hospitals are built to handle the harsh and severe climatic and environmental conditions found in militarily-active zones and disaster area.
· Aesthetic Appeal
They have great aesthetic appeal.
The doors, windows and roofs are made to client specifications.
A modular hospital has beautiful interior decorations and exterior finishing.
This is the same with a brick and mortar hospital.
How are Modular Hospitals Powered?
They are powered using:
· Solar Energy
Solar energy is collected from photovoltaic panels placed on the modular hospital’s roof top.
With solar energy, there is limited effects to the environment. This is a clean source of energy.
Generators are fueled using diesel or gas. They act as automatic electricity back-up.
While the diesel is purchased from outside, gas can be produced within the modular hospitals and used to power the fuel the generators.
· Main Electricity Supply
Electricity from the local power grid. This is the main source of electricity to power the whole modular hospital as well as equipment.
Where are Modular Hospitals used?
- Where there is need for modern facilities for rural communities
- Disaster relief
- Emergency situations
- Humanitarian aid
- Military healthcare
- Hospital remodels or expansions
- Population relocations
Figure 5 Inside modular hospital
What is the Best Practice in Modular Hospital Waste Management?
- The waste from the modular hospital are incinerated using a pre-installed incinerator
- Modular hospital has a core waste management system which aids in prevention of contamination in the facility
- Modular hospitals use negative pressure sealed toilets to lower waste water output.
- There are lidded bins placed strategically within the modular hospital where the staff as well as patients can throw their waste.
The waste bins are labeled according to the type of waste disposed in them.
For instance, there is a medical sharps bin, infectious waste and other general waste.
- Also, to avoid contamination, a modular hospital has two water tanks: a waste and fresh water tank.
While the fresh water tank contains fresh and clean water, the waste tank contains used water from the showers, toilets and general use of the modular hospital.
- Staff are provided with all the protective equipment while working at the modular hospital.
They are equally trained on waste management within the facility so that they are armed with this knowledge.
Are Modular Hospitals Customizable?
Yes, they are.
They are customized according to the needs of a client.
Customization centers on the size, design, layout and equipment of modular hospitals.
What are the Safety Requirements of Modular Hospitals?
Figure 6 Modular hospital layout
Modular hospitals have to be user friendly offering great comfort, safety and cost.
To achieve great safety in the modular hospitals, the following have to be provided:
- They must have a nurse call system to facilitate communication between nurses and patients thus limiting potential accidents which may occur due to poor communication.
- There has to be ramps across the modular hospitals to facilitate easy movement of people with disability who usually rely on wheelchairs for easy movement.
The wheelchairs are also to be used for patients who are not mobile.
- Modular hospitals must have HPAC system which facilitates free flow of air and out of the facilities.
- They have a High Efficiency Filter which helps filter the air in the modular hospital.
People, therefore, breath in air free of germs, pollen or dust among others.
- Modular hospitals have a fire alarm system which helps inform staff about a possible fire alarm system.
Do Modular Hospitals have a Warranty?
Yes, they do.
They have a 1-year- warranty
How long does it take to deploy a modular hospital?
It takes around 2-3 days to deploy a modular hospital. Due to its fast deployment, clients prefer a modular hospital over a conventional hospital.
What is the Cost of a Modular Hospital?
Modular costs are affordable in China.
The lower costs are due to reduced labor costs, construction time and materials.
Also, the price of a modular hospital also includes assembly, supply and ground plan.
Besides, the price of a modular hospital can include or exclude factors such as installed medical technology, transport to installation site, fire alarm system, air conditioning among other utilities.
Additionally, the costs can be lower if a client purchases modular hospitals in bulk as they get discounted prices.
The cost of the modular hospital depends on the client specifications.
If a client orders a modular hospital with special features, they pay more than one who orders a standard modular hospital.
What is the difference between a Container Hospital and Modular Hospital?
- A modular hospital is made using specifically a modular design while a container hospital is made using a wide variety of designs.
Even so, the designs of every facility are dependent on the needs of a client.
- Container hospitals modules are highly scalable contrary to those of a container hospital.
- A modular hospital is larger in size than a container hospital
- Also, a modular hospital could be costly as compared to a container hospital and this is due to their special uses, raw materials used to build them as well as their unique features.
What are the Design Options of Modular Hospital?
Modular hospitals can be:
· Modular Design
This is an expandable system where unit modules are easily attached to the other.
The units are compartmentalized and in uniform size.
It is, therefore, easy to link them to form an interconnected structure.
Since it is modular, a client can decide the number of people they want to treat or the types of medical services they wish to offer.
Are Modular Hospitals Prefabricated?
Yes, they are.
They are built using prefabricated materials which are not only affordable but also convenient.
The parts are made off-site and then put together on-site to build the modular hospital.
What Quality Standards should Modular Hospitals conform to?
- The elements used for construction of modular hospitals are CE certified. For instance, the windows and doors are CE Certified.
- The equipment as well as parts of a modular hospital are FDA approved.
- Companies manufacturing modular hospitals are ISO 9001 certified.
- Modular hospitals must also conform to American, Australian, Canadian and European building codes as well as Healthcare Compliant Codes.
Why Buy Modular Hospitals from China?
- Chinese companies have years of experience in manufacturing modular hospitals.
- China has been exporting modular hospitals to several nations across Europe, North America and Australia with 90% repeat orders.
- Most of Chinese clients keep long term cooperation with Chinese manufacturing companies.
- They sell durable and high-quality modular hospitals
- China provides customized modular hospitals at affordable costs
What is the Equipment in Modular Hospital?
Figure 7 modular hospital
Hospital equipment in a modular hospital include:
Air conditioning system; this system is used to warm as well as cool the rooms in the modular hospital.
HVAC system; just as the name says, this is a heating, ventilation and air conditioning system.
It maintains the indoor air quality as well as heats and cools air in the modular hospital.
Pass box; this is a cleanroom system that is used to transfer substances from one device to another helping prevent the flow of air from one area to the other.
With this system, only a single door can be opened at one time. Two doors cannot open at once.
High Efficiency Filter; this is a specialized system that can filter the air of even microscopic substances such as dust, bacteria,mold, pollen, and other airborne materials.
This system has an efficiency of 99.97%.
Built-in patient monitor; this is a machine used to assess a patient’s heart condition in relation to their cardiac rhythm.
Operating table; this is an equipment often used in surgery room. It is where a patient lies when they are operated on.
Anesthetic machine; this machine helps in inducing as well as maintaining anesthesia. It prevents pain and induce sleep on humans.
The machine first generates and then mixes a fresh flow of gas with anesthetic vapor.
Which Factors should you consider when buying Modular Hospital?
Figure 8 Inside modular hospital
- The needs to be fulfilled such as whether the patient population is humanitarian, rural communities or surge in patient population.
- Geographical area where it is intended to be used whether there are regulations which inhibit the use of modular hospitals or allow
- The cost of the modular hospitals
- Shipping methods available
- Design and layout of modular hospital
- Equipment of modular hospital
- Quality compliance of modular hospital
Which Department can you find in Modular Hospital?
There are several departments in a modular hospital.
- Radiology department; this is where medical imaging as well as tests are done to diagnose as well as treat diseases within human body.
- Laboratory; for conducting all medical tests.
- Maternity and Surgery (Reproductive Unit)
- Pharmacy; pharmaceutical supplies are sold at this room/department.
- Intensive Care Unit
As you can see, modular hospitals provide a faster and efficient way of providing reliable health services.
It offers fast construction with the ability to install virtually all medical equipment.
However, to enjoy all the benefits of modular hospitals, you must choose a reliable and high quality equipment.
That’s where Sunnyda comes in with cost competitive and high quality modular hospitals.