PPGI and PPGL Supplier
- Excellent Heat Insulation, Sound Proofing, and Water Resistant
- Competitive Price
- High Mechanical Strength
- Strong Corrosion Resistant
- Short Delivery Time 4-7 days
Sunnyda- An Authentic Manufacturer and Supplier of PPGL and PPGI.
Thinking of getting PPGI and PPGL for constructing your house or setting up an industry? It is the perfect option for you since it offers the increased life of steel products used in these applications. Whether you are located in a cold region or a hot region, Sunnyda has a huge range of PPGI and PPGL that can support your idea in the harshest conditions as well.
Dealing in supreme quality metals and metal products such as steel, iron, galvanized iron, galvalume steel, and many more, Sunnyda has the experience to help you select the right one for your Application. We have a highly experienced team of engineers that work hard day and night to bring about innovative ideas so that Sunnyda can produce the best quality PPGI and PPGL. The better the quality, the greater is the strength of your building and industry.
Whether it is the quality or the appearance, Sunnyda takes pride in creating the most unique and worthy PPGI and PPGL products for your applications. A huge variety with several grades, color options, sizes, and patterns are available for the buyers of Sunnyda. Also, you can customize the features of your PPGI and PPGL to obtain maximum benefit out of it.
The 24 hours customer service of Sunnyda will amaze you through its efficiency. Our highly competent staff is always ready and eager to serve you and guide you through the whole stock so that you choose the best one for yourself.
PPGI and PPGL- A Complete Buying Guide by Sunnyda.
Ever wonder how PPGI and PPGL can make your buildings strong and keep your industries working for years? This is due to modified features and increased advantages of these modified metals.
They ensure higher productivity and greater durability as they have the ability to fight against any corrosive material.
Even due to the interaction with external agents like moisture, light, or acid, PPGI and PPGL tend to maintain their properties and resist rust and corrosion.
Quality is the priority therefore, a highly professional team uses the most recent technology to bring about innovative ideas that benefit your Applications.
The maintenance and precautionary measures are important to enhance the life span of PPGI and PPGL. Therefore, read the whole article.
1.What is PPGI and PPGL?
2.What are the Major Features of PPGI and PPGL?
3.How are PPGI and PPGL Different from Each Other?
4.Which one is Better in PPGI and PPGL?
5.What are the Basic Applications of PPGI and PPGL?
6.What are the Steel Coated Products Other than PPGI and PPGL?
7.What are the Steel Coated Products Other than PPGI and PPGL?
8.What is the Weight Difference Between PPGI and PPGL?
9.What is the Coating Type of PPGI and PPGL?
10.What is the Appearance of PPGI and PPGL?
11.How to Perform a Cross Hatch Test for PPGI and PPGL?
12.What is the Importance of Zinc Layer for PPGI and PPGL?
13.How to Transport PPGI and PPGL?
14.What are Surface Tests in PPGI and PPGL?
15.What are other Tests Necessary for PPGI and PPGL?
16.How to Pack PPGI and PPGL?
17.How to Handle PPGI and PPGL?
18.What are the Necessary Markings for PPGI and PPGL Packaging?
19.What are the Maintenance Tips for PPGI and PPGL?
20.How to Properly Store PPGI and PPGL?
21.What are the Safety Measures for Using PPGI and PPGL?
What is PPGI and PPGL?
PPGI and PPGL are the abbreviations for prepainted galvanized iron steel and prepainted galvalume steel.
These materials are vastly used in buildings, industries, and for mechanical support due to their increased strength and durability.
The enhanced features of PPGI and PPGL make them favorable to be utilized in place of regular metal like iron, aluminum, and steel which tends to rust and corrode as soon as it comes in contact with the environment.
The quality of PPGI and PPGL is important so the function is performed well. Whether you need material for support, architecture, or industry, you can pick out the best one according to your application.
It is essential to know the features and maintenance steps to ensure the long life of your metal product. You can also increase the durability by taking good care of these metal products.
What are the Major Features of PPGI and PPGL?
Following are the outstanding features of PPGI and PPGL:
- In comparison to galvanized steel, they have good durability.
- They are more heat resistant compared to galvanized steel.
- The spraying performance and processability are the same as galvanized steel.
- Excellent durability and welding performance.
The heat resistance of the PPGL sheet is far better as compare to PPGI sheets. The corrosion resistance of PPGL is also greater and therefore, it can resist temperatures of 315 ℃. The base metal can be saved from corrosion with the help of a thick aluminum metal layer.
How are PPGI and PPGL Different from Each Other?
The most prominent differences between the two are because of the material.
PPGL is based on an aluminum-zinc plated substrate and then painted. This aluminum-zinc sheet contains 55% aluminum 43.5% zinc and few other elements.
The aluminum-zinc plate has to be cut as little as could be expected. While cutting, the edge has to be protected with anti-rust paint or zinc-rich paint to increase the existence of the plate.
PPGI is made from galvanized sheets that are painted properly.
It is covered with a metallic layer of zinc metal. This zinc material protects the base material. It can damage from inside only if the zinc is corroded.
Which one is Better in PPGI and PPGL?
Roofing and wall paneling can be done by using both PPGI and PPGL. However, PPGL offers better resistance to corrosion than PPGI. This shows that PPGL is considered suitable for the outdoor environment.
As it offers increased warmth obstruction, it is generally preferred. Other desirable features are great surface conductivity and greater heat resistance. Also, PPGL is broadly utilized in lampshades.
It is also being used in stoves, and stack lines. It provides better protection, and the cut edges of PPGL are rarely seen.
A great option is to use zinc-rich or anti-rust paint to get rid of cut edges.
What are the Basic Applications of PPGI and PPGL?
Applications of PPGI
- PPGI sheets are used commonly in daily necessities.
- These sheets are also used in the housing household appliances like washing machines etc.
- PPGI is widely used in outdoor billboards, ventilation ducts, retaining walls, etc.
- It can be utilized outside in the high cold and high warmth, like Ukraine, Russia, Vietnam, Dubai, and so on.
Application of PPGL
- In rainy, tropical regions, PPGL is mostly preferred.
- Specifically, the aluminum-zinc plate which has 55% aluminum content is essentially sent out to hot and humid countries. These include Southeast Asia, Indonesia, Kenya, South Africa Malaysia, and other hot countries.
- PPGI and PPGL have outstanding corrosion resistance, strong adhesion, and good formability.
- Even if it is utilized for quite a while in a terrible climate, it can keep up the luster and novel color.
- These are considered to be a perfect composite material in the present development, light industry, electromechanical items, and other different industries.
What are the Steel Coated Products Other than PPGI and PPGL?
Steel coated products are preferred over regular steel because they have increased advantages and longer life.
By coating steel, you not only make it last longer but also increase the lifespan of the metal product in which steel is the core metal.
There are four different types of metals that are used to make steel coated products, which are stated below;
- Galvanised (GI)
- Galvannealed (GA)
- Galvalume (GL)
- Galfan (GL)
It is not considered among the other four types because it is not as widely used as others.
This combination can have different names in different states however, they are usually called by their abbreviations such as GA, GI.
The abbreviations show the grade and therefore make it easier for the metal product to be classified into relevant categories.
What is the Grading of PPGI and PPGL?
The grading of PPGI and PPGL refers to the classification according to composition and properties.
There are various grades in one variety of metal coated products and the grading depends upon the following points;
- Amount of coating
- Coating mass
- Surface quality
- Steel strength
- Protection of surface with oil chemicals of organic products for passivation
Each graded steel product can be identified through alphanumeric characters.
What is the Weight Difference Between PPGI and PPGL?
As the exact weight of aluminum is lower than zinc, a combination of zinc and aluminum on steel is much lighter as compared to the galvanization of only zinc.
Even if the same quantity and weight of aluminum and zinc are used as compared to 100% zinc, the aluminum and zinc combination will cover 3% more space.
For PPGI as thick as 0.6 mm, the weight would be 200 g/m2 but when it comes to PPGI, for the same thickness, the weight is 350 g/m2.
This proves that zinc alone is heavier and the same amount of combination takes greater space than pure zinc.
What is the Coating Type of PPGI and PPGL?
Silicone Modified Polyester (SMP)
- It has good abrasion resistance.
- Shows increased heat resistance.
- Good external durability and chalking resistance.
- Gloss retention.
- General flexibility and medium costs.
- Polyester shows great adhesion.
- It is rich in colors.
- There is a wide range in the formability of polyester and outdoor durability.
- It has a medium chemical resistance.
- Low costs.
Polyvinylidene Fluoride (PVDF)
- Polyvinylidene fluoride has excellent color retention and UV resistance.
- It has excellent outdoor durability and chalking resistance
- Also, it is an excellent solvent-resistant material.
- Good moldability.
- Polyvinylidene fluoride is stain resistant.
- It has limited colors and is a little expensive.
High Durability Polyester (HDP)
- High Durability Polyester has excellent color retention and anti-ultraviolet performance.
- It has excellent outdoor durability and anti-pulverization.
- It is a good paint film adhesion.
- It has a rich color.
- Excellent cost performance.
- It has the characteristics of high wear resistance.
- Polyurethane has high corrosion resistance and high damage resistance.
- Its shelf life is more than 20 years.
- It is principally utilized for buildings.
What is the Appearance of PPGI and PPGL?
The appearance of PPGI and PPGL has the following description;
- There should be no holes and the prepainted coils and sheets shall be flat. Also, there should be no tears, distinct color differences, or any other defects detrimental to practical use.
- There may be some abnormal imperfections in PPGI and PPGL coils. As these imperfections cannot be removed, they make the coil unable to be used for any application. Specifically when you are dealing with cut lengths.
- Gloss and shade of coils and sheets shall be discussed priorly. So that there is an agreement between the supplier and the buyer.
- The surface of the PPGL sheet is far smoother than that of the PPGI sheet. The reason behind the smoother surface is the good adhesion property of aluminum than zinc. For a similar reason, you can paint PPGL sheets directly without pre-treatment.
- However, pre-treatment is necessary for producing galvanized sheets.
How to Perform a Cross Hatch Test for PPGI and PPGL?
For performing a cross-hatch test you should follow these steps:
- Select an area that is free from any marks such as blemishes and other imperfections.
- Draw straight lines on the test board with a cutting instrument in order to arrive at the surface of the metal through the paint film.
- Eleven straight lines have to be made crosswise at intervals of 1mm at the right angle.
- Use a delicate brush or a tissue to brush the film properly. This should be done after making the cuts. This will help to get rid of any segregated pieces or coverings.
- Take a standard one-inch wide semi-transparent tape and cut a 75 mm round piece.
- Over the grid place the center of the tap
- To guarantee great contact with the paint film, rub the tape gently with your finger.
- Hold the free end and remove the tape in such a way that there is no jerking. You can pull it off at an angle of 180 degrees.
What is the Importance of Zinc Layer for PPGI and PPGL?
The zinc layer is Important in PPGI and PPGL because it acts as a sacrificial layer. It means that the zinc layer protects the steel underneath by going through corrosion itself.
Whenever a zinc-coated product goes in direct contact with harmful external agents like acid, moisture, or any other affecting factor, it acts as a barrier.
It might get damaged itself but it helps steel stay protected and strong thus making the core strong.
How to Transport PPGI and PPGL?
To transport PPGI and PPGL, you must bring the following points into consideration;
- Make sure it is nicely packed.
- Try your best to leave no chances for any moisture to enter the packaging.
- It is essential to keep sufficient padding so that there is no direct blow.
- The transport vehicle shall be strong enough to carry the weight.
- Only well-experienced and professional workers should deal with the loading and unloading since it can cause injuries if not handled properly.
- There should be a first aid kit in access just in case there is any causality.
- Use bands or strong chains for loading and unloading.
What are Surface Tests in PPGI and PPGL?
To perform the surface test on PPGI and PPGL, you need a specialized instrument or gauge.
The surface test instrument measures the thickness of non-destructive coatings such as paint on the PPGI and PPGL.
Due to extremely small values and units, it is necessary to rely on the instrument and use it properly.
What are other Tests Necessary for PPGI and PPGL?
The tests necessary for PPGI and PPGL are stated below;
- It is necessary to carry out a bend test for a material that has undergone annealing and skin passing.
- The width and length of the test piece should be 100 mm and 230 mm respectively. The width can be of any value between 75- 125 mm.
- The test piece must be cut in a direction parallel to the rolling direction of the test sheet.
- Now the test piece is bent at an angle of 180 degrees.
- The painted surface shall be kept outside while bending the test piece.
- Check if there is any peeling or cracking of the paint on the portion that was bent.
Pencil Resistance Test
- For the pencil hardness test, you need pencils with specific hardness.
- About 3 mm of lead shall be exposed on the pencil tip by sharpening it enough.
- Now hold the pencil at an angle of 90 degrees to the paper grit.
- Rub the graphite against the paper grit while keeping the same angle to obtain a circular and smooth cross-section.
- There should be no tip of the lead and it should be ground before using for the test.
- The coated panels shall now be placed on a firm and leveled horizontal surface.
- Hold the pencil opposite to the panel at a perpendicular angle and apply moderate pressure to push the pencil far from the operator.
- The tested portion shall not have any scratches or abrasions when inspected closely.
Impact Resistance Test
- Decide the placement of the coated side which can be either up or down.
- Now place the test piece on the impact tester keeping in mind the coated side.
- Drop a mass of 500 g weight from a height of 600 mm on the test panel.
- See if there is any peeling or cracking of the paint film through close observation and the naked eye.
How to Pack PPGI and PPGL?
For packing PPGI and PPGL, you must keep the following points in mind:
- The coil must have a poly laminated covering to ensure safety and protection.
- The inner surface must also be covered with poly laminated covering.
- A steel sheet shall be used for wrapping the PPGI and PPGL.
- The edges should have inner rings and circumferential rings as well.
- There shall be side covers too.
- You can also go for a hessian cloth covering however, the packing material can be chosen by either the manufacturer or the purchaser.
- The strapping must be done by using steel tape.
- All the precautions regarding the handling of PPGI and PPGL must be followed.
- Keep in mind that there should be no way moisture can enter the packaging.
- Keep the packing away from any corrosive material or chemicals.
- Make sure there is no contact with water during the transit.
- Never transport your PPGI and PPGL along with any chemical material.
How to Handle PPGI and PPGL?
To handle PPGI and PPGL, you must be aware of a few basic tips and tricks which are stated down below:
- Only rely upon experienced workers for handling your PPGI and PPGL.
- Load and unload with extreme care.
- You can take the help of a lifter for loading and unloading purposes.
- You have to ensure that the transport is safe.
- Proper packing of the PPGI and PPGL is necessary.
- Keep it away from moisture and immediate contact with water.
- Never allow direct contact with corrosive materials or chemicals.
- Wearing gloves while handling the PPGI and PPGL is important so that there aren’t any cuts or wounds.
- Poor handling can lead to scratches and abrasions therefore it must be handled carefully.
- The paint can also get scratched or worn off so touch-ups are necessary.
- Handling becomes even more difficult if the PPGI and PPGL are lubricated as they tend to slip a lot from the hands. This happens because of the low friction coefficient.
- There should be no repeated uncoiling, coiling, and recoiling so that the overall integrity is maintained.
What are the Necessary Markings for PPGI and PPGL Packaging?
While packaging and transporting PPGI and PPGL, it is necessary to ensure that the package has the following markings:
- The trademark or the manufacturer’s name.
- Product dimensions and other details.
- Mass of the package or number of sheets.
- Material identification and coil number.
- The packet number and batch number.
- The name of the color is mentioned.
- Date of packing.
What are the Maintenance Tips for PPGI and PPGL?
For maintaining your PPGI and PPGL, you must keep the following things in mind:
- The foremost and most essential thing is to use the PPGI and PPGL according to the suitability of the application.
- Carefully read the manual that comes along with purchasing and therefore follow the instructions closely.
- Clean the surface regularly so that you can avoid dirt accumulation.
- Don’t use sharp objects around it to avoid scratches and abrasions.
- Be careful while transporting it so that there is minimum damage.
- Pay due attention to the packaging and storage.
- Keep it away from harmful chemicals and corrosives such as acids, alkalis, or any other chemicals.
- Make sure there is necessary padding while transportation and storage.
- Keep giving the retouch-ups to worn out or scratched paint so that if a small part is affected, it does not damage the whole assembly.
- Keep looking for scratches and abrasions and get them fixed as soon as possible.
- Use inner rings as well as circumferential rings.
How to Properly Store PPGI and PPGL?
To store PPGI and PPGL make sure you follow the instructions:
- Upon receiving the package, check if it was packed correctly.
- Check for any traces of moisture or damage to the PPGI and PPGL so that you fix it first and then send it for storage.
- If there is any moisture, dry it immediately by either using a conventional method or a more effective one.
- You can also go for a desiccator if the moisture is getting too difficult to get rid of by air drying and other methods.
- Also, pack it in such a way that no moisture can enter it as moisture is the reason for rusting.
- Store your PPGI and PPGL in a well secure, dry place and avoid damp places. If it is stored in a damp place, it will eventually get rust and discoloration.
- Keep checking the packaging and the condition from time to time.
- Fix any abrasion marks or scratches that are found on the PPGI and PPGL.
- Make sure that the packaging remains intact the whole time.
- Keep it slightly above the surface of the ground by using wooden support.
What are the Safety Measures for Using PPGI and PPGL?
To ensure safe use and long life of the steel products, you must follow the following precautionary measures:
- Although PPGL is very strong and more resistant when it is compared to the PPGI, it shall never be exposed to alkalis.
- Alkalis like caustic soda can be very harmful.
- Direct contact with steel, wet wood, foundation concrete, graphite, and lead shall be avoided.
- Go for ready-made plates rather than ordering a bunch and cutting them on site, because it helps to avoid inconvenience and danger of cutting.
- If you have the will to purchase a huge collection, then you must run a lot of tests to check the feasibility.
- You must check if there is any poor bonding due to foaming and bonding application.
- Never use ethanol to clean your PPGI and PPGL because it can harm the surface.
- While piling and processing, protect the fingerprint-proof film.
- It also gets sensitive and becomes discolored if the storage area is damp and hot.
- There should be no direct contact with water or even splashes of water shall not reach it.
- It must not be stored with acids, alkalis, or any other corrosive chemicals.
- Never leave metal fillings on the surface from close by drilling or welding etc. as it can undergo rusting.
Before investing in PPGI and PPGL to make your buildings, architecture, and machinery strong, you must know the features, the right applications, and advantages so that you get maximum benefit.
If you don’t take precautionary measures, don’t maintain your PPGI and PPGL, then it might not serve the purpose of increasing the lifespan of your steel products.
FAQs of PPGI and PPGL.
What is Meant by Prepainted in PPGI and PPGL?
Pre Painting is done by painting the metal surface to add coating continuously. This can also be called coat coiling for PPGI and PPGL.
What are the Names of Most Commonly Used Metals to Produce PPGI and PPGL?
The most common metals that are used to make PPGI and PPGL are steel, aluminum, and steel as the base metal. Zinc, aluminum, and silicon are also used to add additional coatings or to form a corrosion-resistant film on the base metal.
How does Zinc help to Prevent Corrosion in PPGI and PPGL?
Zinc provides cathodic protection to the underlying metal in PPGI and PPGL and acts as a sacrificial surface. It is a stable element and therefore it protects the steel core.
What is the Purpose of Zinc Coating in PPGI and PPGL?
The purpose of zinc coating is to save the core metal in PPGI and PPGL. Depending upon its application, the life of the coating can vary because of external factors and location.
What is the Significance of Magnetic Particle Testing in PPGI and PPGL?
Magnetic particle testing allows you to detect any cracks, infusions, or breaches in the metal surface. Any inclusions or lack of fusion in PPGI and PPGL can also be detected.
What is the Most Commonly Observed Thickness of PPGI and PPGL?
The average thickness of PPGI and PPGL is 0.12-6.00mm (±0.001mm) however, you can get it customized according to the demand of your application.
What is the Substrate Type of PPGI and PPGL?
The substrate types of PPGI and PPGL are hot-dip galvalume steel, hot-dip galvanized steel, and electro-galvanized steel.
What are the Surface Color Options for PPGI and PPGL?
There are many surface color options for PPGI and PPGL such as stone grain, flower grain, camouflage grain, RAL series, matte grain, nano, and wood grain, etc.
What are Some Steel Grades for PPGI and PPGL?
Here are some steel grades for PPGI and PPGL:
DC52D+AZ, DC51D+Z, S350GD+Z, DC52D+Z, DC53D+Z, S250GD+AZ, S280GD+Z, S550GD+Z, DC51D+AZ, S300GD+AZ, and S350GD+AZ.
Is it Safe to Install PPGI and PPGL While it’s Raining?
No, it is not safe to handle PPGI and PPGL while it’s raining because it gets slippery, and also there are increased chances of rusting.
What is Meant by Hot Dip Galvanizing Technique in PPGI and PPGL?
The hot-dip galvanizing technique which is used in PPGI and PPGL refers to the method of electroplating zinc or a combination of silicon, aluminum, and zinc onto the core metals which is steel.
What is Meant by Discoloration of PPGI and PPGL?
The discoloration of PPGI and PPGL refers to the blackening of the areas that are oxidized. This occurs due to damp and hot weather which causes the surface to oxidize.