Your Premier Slide Out Trailer
- Custom Makeup Station
- Plenty of Storage Cabinets
- Hot/Cold Water Sink for Hair Washing
- Air conditioner/Refrigerator/Microwave/TVs
- Fast Delivery Time
Sunnyda-Leading Manufacturer and Supplier of Slide Out Trailer.
Sunnyda is a well-known manufacturer and supplier of high-quality Slide Out Trailer with many years of experience, our expert manufacturer’s team makes top-class Slide Out Trailers. We are a reliable manufacturer and supplier in China, master in manufacturing different types of Trailers. We can customize the features according to the requirements of your application site.
Slide Out Trailer by Sunnydais constructed by fiberglass sandwich panel or color bond steel sandwich panel. Our experts ensure the quality and durability of each component or accessory. Sunnyda has properly installed an air conditioning and heating system in all models of Slide Out Trailer. Its floor is specially designed with an anti-slip surface with different wood colors and patterns.
Sunnyda is a leading manufacturer and supplier of your Slide Out Trailer. You can choose it by checking its specifications. A Slide Out Trailer by Sunnyda is very useful in various applications like video production, Film making, Private offices, Portable Kitchen, Dressing and Costume room, A Wardrobe, etc. You can utilize this high-class trailer, wherever you need it. Our experts are highly committed to turning it into shape, size, and other features that you desire for your application.
A Slide Out Trailer manufactured and supplied by Sunnyda will be your best companion on your working site. You need to keep in mind to only purchase what you require. If you want a comfortable and efficient Expando Trailer, Contact us now to place your order. We are available 24/7 to entertain your queries.
- Data Sheet
- Slide Out Trailer Video
|Slide Out Trailer Body||Fiber glass sandwich panel or called FRP panel- Luxury model|
EPS sandwich panel – Standard model
|Size||4600(L) x 1700(W) x 2500(H) mm|
|Fresh tank||450L, 0.4L per flush|
|Weight||1460kg, when water and waste tank is empty|
|Condition||Full mounted in factory|
|Loading||Can mix load with other model, or 2 SUT02 in a 40HQ|
|Delivery time||40 days|
|Electrical||Lighting 12V, as per customer local standard|
|Our service||Engineering-production-shipping-installation-warranty-after service support you develop your business|
Ultimate Guide to Slide Out Trailer
Slide Out Trailer-An Ultimate Buying Guide by Sunnyda.
If you are looking for an informative and well-researched buying guide about a Slide Out Trailer or you want the one for your worksite, you are absolutely on the right site.
A Slide Out Trailer is a specially designed portable and expandable trailer that you can take along with you for different purposes.
You need to tow it to your location with a towing vehicle that can hold its weight and bear its load. Complete guidance is very important for towing your Slide Out Trailer by using a towing.
To choose the right one, here is an ultimate buying guide to discuss all key points that determine its success and other terms for understanding this technology. Let’s Continue!
1.What is a Slide Out Trailer?
2.What are the Main Components of a Slide Out Trailer?
3.How do the Slides work in a Slide Out Trailer?
4.What are the Features of a Slide Out Trailer?
5.What are the Applications of a Slide Out Trailer?
6.What are the Advantages of a Slide Out Trailer?
7.What Type of Sliding Mechanisms are used in Slide Out Trailer?
8.How to Manually Close the Slides of a Slide Out Trailer?
9.How to Add Slide to Simple Trailer to Form a Slide Out Trailer?
10.What are the Best Practices While Using a Slide Out Trailer?
11.How to Lubricate the Slides of a Slide Out Trailer?
12.How to Maintain your Slide Out Trailer?
13.How can you Organize the Interior of your Slide Out Trailer?
14.Why Slide Out Jacks or Supports are not Recommended for Slide Out Trailer?
15.What are Some Limitations of the Slide Out Trailer?
16.What Are Some Common Issues you can Face While Using a Slide Out Trailer?
17.What is the Weight Limit of your Slide Out Trailer?
18.How can you Seal your Slide Out Trailer?
19.What Type of Grease you can Use in Slides of Slide Out Trailer?
What is a Slide Out Trailer?
A slide-out or slide, in a Slide Out Trailer, is a cut-out portion that expands and retracts to widen the living space inside it.
Slide Out Trailer can be retracted or extended to more space by utilizing an electrical, hydraulic, or manual mechanical system. A slide is mostly used in bedroom trailers to add on some extra 1 or two-foot space for larger bed or side tables.
These slides are unique technology and have a significant amount of weight. You may use a stabilizer to support its weight. It is specially designed and furnished in a way to enhance the illusion of large space.
What are the Main Components of a Slide Out Trailer?
The main components of a Slide Out Trailer are as follow;
- Electrical Motors
- Moving Slides and Rails
- Guards and Covers
- Rubber Seals
- Slide Trays
- Slide-out Actuators
- Slide-out Awnings
Other than these main components it may have additional components such as:
- Beddings and Curtains
- Air Conditioners
- Heating System
- Office Tables
- Dressing Table
- Toilet and Bathroom
- LED Lights
- Dining Table
- Wardrobe Organizer
How do the Slides work in a Slide Out Trailer?
There are different ways to slide out, slides in a Slide Out Trailer, many use electronics motors to operate while some use hydraulic power to slide out power.
The most common and popular system is the rack and pinion system. Another system is the pulley and cable slide-out mechanism which is rarely used.
Rack and Pinion Slide Out System
In this system, slide-out whether the extended or retracted positioned rack and pinion system is often powered by an electrically operated motor.
The electric motor spin a shaft or pinion, and the shaft slides out the Slide Out Trailer in one direction, to move the slide in another direction a gear system is used. The motor s is operated by a 12 v dc battery.
Pulley and Cable Slide Out System
Some Slide Out Trailers slides by using this system it is a most expensive system but reliable one the system.
It is lightweight but it can slide heavy loads it normally uses 8 cables 4 to extend and 4 to retract the cables run through the plies and are attached to a chain the chain is connected to a shaft on the gearbox which runs by using an electric motor.
What are the Features of a Slide Out Trailer?
Due to its popular and salient features, it is very popular in the field nowadays. following are some of the features of the Slide Out Trailer.
- Occupy less road space while traveling, this feature makes the driver easy to handle and drive.
- When parked for use it is extendable to a large area for living.
- Provision of shower and toilet facility.
- Outdoor kitchen facility with stovetop burners.
- Queen master bedroom for your luxurious dream.
- Three bunks for complete privacy.
- A large and excellent dinette.
- A backup sliding system will allow sliding manually in case of failure of an electrical system or hydraulic system.
- Led light fixture.
- Extra seating facility.
What are the Applications of a Slide Out Trailer?
The Expando Trailer is used for many applications some of them are mentioned below.
- Costume trailer, while any film or drama unit plan to go for outdoor unit and actors required a different type of dresses for different situations.
A Slide Out Trailer may be used for this purpose and called a costume trailer this trailer may consist of a lot of dresses and shoes.
- Hairstyle and makeup trailer, you may also use Slide Out Trailer as a makeup room trailer during outdoor film shooting. The make room should have all necessities of makeup.
- Actor trailer, in your Slide Out Trailer you may also allocate the trailer for actors and this trailer includes, restroom, kitchen, bedroom, and other residential facilities.
- Another application of your Slide Out Trailer is the wardrobe trailer, which is equipped with hanger bars and shelves.
- It is sometimes used as a mobile house, or motor house which contains all the facilities available at home will be made available for the users in Slide Out Trailer like luxury bed, outdoor kitchen, restroom, dining room, and seating capacity for your family.
What are the Advantages of a Slide Out Trailer?
- It provides extra living space for your use as compare to its retracted position and it is a good advantage for a big family setup.
- Slide Out Trailer provide your family with feelings of luxury and comfort, while your family is using this facility
- Slide Out Trailer will make your event memorable for you and your family for a long time.
- You can enjoy the beautiful natural scenes through the window.
- The LED light makes the sight more comfortable for you and your family.
- Due to its central air conditioner system, you may use the Slide Out Trailer in all-weather, with a conducive and moderate environment.
- It provides more options for layout.
- Sufficient ventilation to the interior of the Slide Out Trailer.
- It’s easy to maintain and use.
- Luxury restroom and shower facilities are also available in it.
What Type of Sliding Mechanisms are used in Slide Out Trailer?
There are various types of Slide Out Trailer based on different ways of working. Some of them use hydraulics, some use electrical motors, pulley, and cable, schwintek systems.
The most used type of slide-out system is the rack and pinion system. Some of those mechanisms are described below.
Electrically Operated Slide Out Mechanism:
Generally, the rack and pinion system is used but sometimes it is powered by an electric motor. The electric motor Slide Out Trailer uses a 12-volt direct current.
The motor rotates to move the slide-out in one direction. Reverse gear can be applied to move it in opposite direction. The purpose of the battery system is to provide you the ease of traveling.
Rack and Pinion Slide Out Mechanism:
This is the most used slide-out system. A pinion is a mini circular gear with teeth. Its pins and catch up the corresponding gear teeth in the rack.
The racks of the system are installed at the bottom of the system.
Pulley and Cable Slide Out Mechanism:
Some Slide Out Trailer is using a pulley with a cable slide-out mechanism though it is very expensive. As it is lightweight but it can slide out heavier slides as compared to the electric motor mechanism.
It is a most reliable mechanism and it requires very little maintenance.
Schwintek Slides Mechanism:
It is a very cheap and affordable mechanism. It has waves mounted on the upside and downside of the slide. It utilizes a worm gear system for slides to roll in and out.
Schwintek Slides have electric motors for turning gears.
Hydraulic Slide Out Mechanism:
It is very useful for sliding very heavier and bigger slide out that’s why they are more complex. It can produce extremely high pushing or pulling ability.
It is very similar to a rack and pinion slide-out system. This type of system uses a pump that is used to push up the hydraulic liquid fluid into the tubes that increase the pressure and pushes the piston to expand the side of its chamber.
How to Manually Close the Slides of a Slide Out Trailer?
You cannot take your Expando Traileranywhere when it is in an extended position. It is necessary to retract it before traveling.
In case you face any power break out or motor may stop working, it will be a difficult point.
There is a solution to override the hydraulic pumps and electric motors. You can close the slide-out manually.
Follow the given steps to close the slide-out manually.
- Prevent the Slide Out Trailer by blocking the tires when closing it.
- For a hydraulic pump slide-out mechanism, first of all, allocate the slide-out hydraulic pump under the floor.
Then attach a hex fitting of a quarter inch at the last of the motor and rotate it along with an electric drill or a ratchet.
- For a rack and pinion slide-out mechanism, find out the slide-out actuator under the slide-out.
Then turn the hex head clockwise to retract the slide out with the help of a ratchet.
You don’t need to disengage the electrical motor as its actuator is constructed to be cranked manually.
- If you are using a cable and pulley system, first of all, aside from the access panel in front of its motor.
Now, locate the manually override attachment for making the connection to the motor and connect its other terminals to a drill for retracting the slide.
How to Add Slide to Simple Trailer to Form a Slide Out Trailer?
Many companies are providing the services to add slide-outs to your simple trailer. It requires special designing, fabrication, plumbing, carpentry, and advanced electrical installation skills to do this job.
They need to engineer the project first,so it won’t get structurally weakened. And then they will start the project noting all your needs and requirements.
What are the Best Practices While Using a Slide Out Trailer?
To keep your Slide Out Trailer to new and fine condition you need to follow some guidelines when using it.
- The slides in a Slide Out Trailer a specially designed to expand the living space inside the trailer but when the slides are out it changes the aerodynamics and weight distribution of the trailer.
It is very important to the extent your Slide Out Trailer then is located in the proper position and not in motion.
- The slide-out can expand about 2-3 feet out of the mainframe. Ensure that there are no objects in the parking area of the Slide Out Trailer.
- Keep in mind to level it before extending the slides out. It is important to prevent any damage in leveling the equipment as the slides out can have weight up to 1 thousand pounds.
- Some Slide Out Trailer is equipped with toppers to keep the slides out free of obstacles before it retracts. If It has no toppers you need to swipe of debris from the roof of the slide-out.
- Keep the aisles clear.
- Must remember to store your Slide Out Trailer after complete cleaning and slide out retracted.
- Wait for the slide-outs to extend completely before use.
How to Lubricate the Slides of a Slide Out Trailer?
It is very important to lubricate the rack and pinion slides of your Slide Out Trailer by spraying some high-quality lubricants. You can follow the given method to lubricate its slides.
First of all, you need to take a dry rag to remove any dirt and debris from the rack by wiping it. Now, spray the lubricant on the rack.
Other slide-out mechanisms don’t need any special lubrication, they can only be cleaned by a dry rag.
How to Maintain your Slide Out Trailer?
The maintenance of a Slide Out Trailer must be done twice a year whenever and after whenever you use it for your application.
Some guidelines about maintenances practices for your Slide Out Trailer are mentioned here to keep it update and tip-top.
- Inspect it properly, it includes checking out scratches in the racks and wear components, and check for the nicks in the rails.
- Check if the rubber seals of your slide-outs are dried, you need to lubricate its seals properly. You can use a slide-out rubber conditioner for this purpose.
How can you Organize the Interior of your Slide Out Trailer?
You are required to maintain and organize your Slide Out Trailer in a nice, tidy, and good way.
So keep following things in your mind while organizing your Slide Out Trailer.
- Nicely keep housekeeping, it means to put everything in its proper place.
- Cleaning of your Slide Out Trailer should be done daily.
- The walls of your Slide Out Trailer are decorated by using sceneries.
- Kitchen items must be placed in the proper place for easy access.
- All the consumables required inside must be placed.
- The waste tank of your Slide Out Trailer must be get cleaned by using recommended detergents.
- All the bed sheets and pillows of your queen bed must be neat and clean and well organized.
- Seats must be cleaned and arranged.
Why Slide Out Jacks or Supports are not Recommended for Slide Out Trailer?
The main reason for not recommending slide-out jacks or supports for your Slide Out Trailer is that they are not very good for it.
The slides are specially constructed for sliding and the body is designed by keeping the weight load of the slide in consideration.
So, it is not important to think about the damage to the structure of your Expando Trailer when slides are extended.
If you use slide-out jacks or supports for your Slide Out Trailer it may damage the seals of readymade slides and it can make the path for water that can damage your Expando Trailer.
What are Some Limitations of the Slide Out Trailer?
Slide Out Trailer offers much space in luxurious style but there are some limitations below.
- It has extremely thin walls just like a thin slab of insulation with a metal plate on one end and a paneling piece on the other.
This is because they are used only when they are expended so they are constructed with low protection shields.
- It has compromised structural integrity, as it is just a solid rectangle.
- Normally a Slide Out Trailer has a weight distribution limit of over ten thousand pounds based on its internal things.
So, it may less secure when you think about luggage that is in slide out because the motion can increase the vibration in components during the trail.
- When you will start using it, you need to expand or retract the slide-outs that may cause tear or damage to its rubber seal and it can cause leaking.
- It has more moving parts that could damage the equipment inside when it vibrates during travel. The more moving parts with malfunction more things.
Other than these limitations, the Slide Out Trailer has a good repute in terms of troubleshooting and maintenance services.
What Are Some Common Issues you can Face While Using a Slide Out Trailer?
Slide Switch Failure
If no slide-out appears after you put the slide switch to operate position and no motor sound is heard then it seems to be a bad switch.
If you have multiple slide-outs try another switch if it is operating? Check if there is a usual power supply then check the switch.
Electrical Power Issues
- Check for a power supply problem if all controls are, not operating.
- Check fuses and circuit breaker.
- Check 12 v dc battery voltages, the voltage should be above 12.5 VDC.
Slide-out Electric Motor Failed
- Check motor and wiring which operates your Slide Out Trailer.
- Operate your motor by pressing the power switch.
- If the meter shows that the motor powered on but not operating then the issue is with the motor get the motor to be repaired.
Hydraulic Pump is Failed.
- If your slide-out is operating hydraulically. Check the motor which is operating the hydraulic pump if it is ok?
- If not? Then your hydraulic pump may be bad get it repaired.
When the operating slide out the sound is heard but slides out is unable to operate.
- Check for any hindrance on the railing.
- Misalignment of your Slide Out Trailer.
- Low battery voltages.
- Check the top for any hindrance.
What is the Weight Limit of your Slide Out Trailer?
When you extend the slide out of your Slide Out Trailer, you may require something to stable the weight inside of it. It is important to know that what is the weight limit of your trailer.
Normally, a Slide Out Trailer can carry a weight capacity somewhere between 600 to 1400 lbs. Its weight limit sometimes depends upon the location.
High standard Slide Out Trailer can handle a weight load of more than 3900 lbs. All the slide-outs are not constructed similarly so you can not apply the same capacity on all.
The best way to determine the weight limit of your trailer is to contact its manufacture for information.
How can you Seal your Slide Out Trailer?
It is very important to replace the leaked or damaged seals of your Slide Out Trailer. You can install new seals by following things into consideration.
- What kind of seal is used?
- How many feet you need to replace it?
- Determine the dimensions of your seal.
- How will you attach the seal?
You will need some tools to replace it correctly such as adhesive glues, disposable gloves, eye protection, scrapper tool, and adhesive remover.
Remove the screws of previous seals by using a screwdriver, remove the adhesive and dirt from it .install the new one with new adhesive glue properly.
Trim the remaining to match the exact points of the original seals.Repeat it for all sides of slide-outs.
What Type of Grease you can Use in Slides of Slide Out Trailer?
Greasing the slides of your Slide Out Trailer is another important element. Greasing is used to reduce the friction between slides and rails operation to make it work smoothly.
Greasing the slides ensures the noise-free operation of expanding and retracting. It is important to choose the type of grease that reduces friction as well as won’t attract dirt and debris.
Try to get the one that dries clear, protects the slides from rust and water, and enhances its life.
It must be safer for metal, rubber, vinyl, and plastics, etc.
When you are looking for an extra spacious and efficient SlideOut Trailer for your application site, your best solutions come from premium quality Slide Out Trailer.
Expando Trailer comes in different capacities, mechanisms, ranges, and sizes. Selecting the right one can be a great experience. It is constructed in a special way that you can increase its space when required.
In this guide, the types, lubrication method, maintenance, working,components, and all other factors are covered for you to choose the exact product according to your needs.
FAQs of Slide Out Trailer.
- What Methods are used to Extend or Contract your Expando Trailer?
There are three methods used to extend or retract your Slide Out Trailer
- Hydraulic Method. In this method, hydraulic controlled actuators are used to extend or retract your Slide Out Trailer.
- Electrical Method. In this method, electrical-driven motors are used to control the retraction and extension process.
- Manual. In this method, a pulley is rotated manually to extend or retract your Slide Out Trailer.
- Which Position is best for the Storage of your Slide Out Trailer?
For the storage of your Slide Out Trailer for a long duration, you must store the Slide Out Trailer in a contract position instead of an extended position, which will cause the railing and sealing from being corded. There will be no unnecessary stress on the Slide Out Trailer.
- Is it Good to have Always Connected your Slide Out Trailer to the Battery?
No, it is not recommended to keep your battery plugin when your Slide Out Trailer is not in use, it may lead to a decreased life of your battery unit.
- How can you Increase the Lifespan of your Slide Out Trailer?
To keep your Slide Out Trailer in full working condition, follow the guidelines of the manufacturer manual and perform regular preventive maintenance on your Slide Out Trailer.
- Can Slide Out Trailer be Extended while Moving?
No, it is not recommended Slide Out Trailers are designed in such a way that they provide increased living area while your Slide Out Trailer is parked. So, do not extend it in any case while moving.
- What is the Area Requirement to Place your Slide Out Trailer?
The area where you are going to park your Slide Out Trailer must be plane and level, and the area should be sufficient to handle its expanded form.
- What is a Schwinger SlideOut Trailer?
This type of Slide OutTrailer is constructed for lightweight, shallow slides, like a closet or a small bedroom extension.
- Why do the Lubrication of the Railing Mechanism of the Slide Out Trailer is Required?
The lubrication of the roller and railings of the slide-out roller is done from time to time to protect from wear and tear and prevent the metallic component from corrosion.
- Which Lubricant can be used for your Slide Out Trailer?
Thetford premium lubricant is specially designed for the lubrication of Slide Out Trailer railings and gears; it protects the mechanism from dust dirt and other contaminants and moisture.
- What Consideration should be Made for the Selection of Towing Truck for your Slide Out Trailer?
The towing truck must be capable to carry the load of your Slide Out Trailer and the tires are in good condition with proper air pressure.
- How Much In Advance Start Preparation of your Slide Out Trailer for Move?
Three days before the date of commencement of your move, park your Slide Out Trailer in front of your house and start preparing your Slide Out Trailer for your move.
- What is a Stabilizer of Slide Out Trailer?
The stabilizers are used to balance out the weight on the Slide Out Trailer while fully deployed and reduce bouncing. These are adjustable bars that rest on the ground to support their weight.
- Do the Slide Out Trailer have the Option to Extend or Retract Manually in Case of a Failure of the Hydraulic or Electric System?
Yes in case of failure of hydraulic or electrical power of your Slide Out Trailer you may use the manual system to extend or contract it.