Your Professional Manufacturer and Customized Solution Provider of Polyurethane Insulation Panel.
Sunnyda is the best over and most desiring leading manufacturer of Polyurethane Insulation Panel. We are providing energy-efficient and high-performing full stock of assorted panels to our customers.
By providing twenty-four hours of technical services and the best solutions to customize the clients’ application requirements, Sunnyda has gained fame and credibility among the whole world’s customers.
We are not only providing high-quality and optimized Polyurethane Insulation Panels but also upgrading a full line of different products with precise standardization.
PIR Sandwich Panels, Cement Sandwich Panels, PUR/PIR Cold Room Panels, Cleanroom Panels, Glass Wool Cleanroom Panels, etc., are our renowned products availing our customers with great benefits.
Sunnyda is an emerging PU Sandwich Panel Manufacturer enterprise that is also servicing the customizing solutions to our customers for providing the best design and optimized sizing of a panel conferring to your application demands.
We have appointed expert technocrats and personnel to avail our clients with Polyurethane Insulation Panel installation facility and other technical assistance.
Sunnyda is profoundly introducing our best performing Polyurethane Insulation Panel to overseas markets to make international customers and making the best delivery system in the global world.
Our Polyurethane Insulation Panel and other unique products are available at affordable costs. Our catalog is available on our website with a rich product line to meet your demands.
If you are willing to purchase a Polyurethane Insulation Panel or any other product from the catalog of the year or desiring to customize a panel, commence a phone call or contact Sunnyda through email to place the order.
Our manufacturing engineers and technique researchers are committed to satisfying our customers by providing the best optimal solutions for your application.
|Panel Weight||K||Average Sound Insulation(bd)|
Max. Span At Load 50kg/m2
Kcal/m2 h 0C
Polyurethane Insulation Panel-A Crucial Buying Manual Presented by Sunnyda.
Polyurethane Insulation Panel is a reliable, high–performing, and best-quality composite building material.
It is widely used for cold-room applications, building roofs, and clean rooms due to the precise temperature regulating and heating insulation features of polyurethane.
Essentially, the panel is comprised of a stabilized core region made of polyurethane that is sandwiched between two steel facings. The metal facings are rolled increasing the reliability and strength of the whole panel.
Easy installation, lower cost of maintenance, and ecological adaptability make the panel more alluring and desiring among customers.
Polyurethane makes the panel thermosetting and not melts at a high temperature easily. Thermoplastic and heat-insulating features of the polyurethane core make the panel the best option to choose for your application.
Polyurethane Insulation Panel has availed the world customers with a variety of services, supporting the environment by developing a green and non-carbon world. Let’s dig more about it.
1.What is Polyurethane Insulation Panel?
2.What is the Main Composition of a Polyurethane Insulation Panel?
3.What are Some Basic Features of a Polyurethane Insulation Panel?
4.What is the Basic Purpose to use a Polyurethane Insulation Panel?
5.What are the Specifications of a Polyurethane Insulation Panel?
6.What are Some Renowned Advantages to use a Polyurethane Insulation Panel?
7.What is the Core Difference Between a Polyurethane Insulation Panel and a PIR Insulation Panel?
8.What is R-Value and How Polyurethane Insulation Panel Depends on R-Value?
9.How is a Polyurethane Insulation Panel Insulated?
10.What are the Main Applications of Polyurethane Insulation Panel?
11.How is a Polyurethane Insulation Panel Optimum for Hygienic Conditions?
12.What is the Temperature Control Range of a Polyurethane Insulation Panel?
13.How Big is the Polyurethane Insulation Panel Board?
14.How to Install your Polyurethane Insulation Panel?
15.Which Type of Skins is Available for a Polyurethane Insulation Panel?
16.Which Coatings can be used for Polyurethane Insulation Panels?
17.Which Type of Cladding is used for a Polyurethane Insulation Panel?
18.How a Polyurethane Insulation Panel is Beneficial for your Buildings Insulation?
19.What is the Thermal Conductivity of a Polyurethane Insulation Panel?
20.How to Size a Polyurethane Insulation Panel for your Application?
21.How to Maintain your Polyurethane Insulation Panel?
1. What is Polyurethane Insulation Panel?
Polyurethane Insulation Panel is an energy-efficient composite panel best suitable for your building’s construction.
It is comprised of 2 upper and lower layers of steel/stainless steel/aluminum sheet, and polyurethane foam as a core region with insulating properties.
Polyurethane Insulation Panel is renowned for its full stock of different range units for different applications. Based on the application, it is classified as cold room panel, sandwich wall panel, and PU roof panel.
The standardized thickness of metal facings ranges 0.4-0.7mm. The coefficient of thermal conductivity of the panel ranges from 0,022 W/mK to 0,028 W/mK.
It is used for a wide variety of applications as building roofs, walls, warehouses, cold rooms for food and beverage storage, exhibition halls, clean rooms, gymnasiums, workshops, and freezing stores, etc.
2. What is the Main Composition of a Polyurethane Insulation Panel?
Polyurethane Insulation Panel is a composite of three layers arranged in a well-organized way to make the panel rigid and strong.
However, the main components of the panel are given below:
Two upper and lower facings are made of steel metal that covers the core of the panel on both sides.
Both surfaces of the panel can be of different types relying upon the application requirements. The metals used for panel skinning are:
- Stainless steel skin
- Steel skin
- Aluminum skin
- PPGI skin
- Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene type skin
The normal thickness of galvanized steel sheet ranges from 0.4-0.7mm, the thickness of stainless steel is 0.3-0.4mm, and aluminum facings thickness ranges from 0.5-0.7mm.
The core region is made of an energy-efficient and heat-resistant insulation material called Polyurethane foam.
Polyurethane is a widely used insulating material configured by thermosetting and thermoplastic features.
How Polyurethane Insulation Panel is Composed of:
Two metal sheets of the panel around the Core material are roll-formed strengthening the panel. Steel sheets are placed in a mold and the PU (polyurethane) material is injected inside by applying pressure through the injection machine.
So by using injection molding machines, heat curing is done on the panel resulting in the production of a strong sandwich panel with superb insulation.
3. What are Some Basic Features of a Polyurethane Insulation Panel?
Polyurethane Insulation Panel is configured with energy-efficient and super quality features as given below:
- Superb durability and long life span due to rigidity and insulation of the Polyurethane.
- Polyurethane rigid foam that makes the core is made of two energy-efficient and stabilized chemicals as Isocyanate and Polyol.
- Polyurethane consists of fine cells and low conductance gas providing the highest “R” factors and lowest thermal conductivity to the panel.
- The panel is renowned for Lower thermal conductivity and best thermal insulation.
- Lightweight and high strength to weight ratio insulated material
- Energy and cost-efficient insulation martial ensuring heat resistance and humidity resistance.
- Superb adhesion to most substrate materials and applications.
- Easy installation and maintenance due to no requirement of accessories at a high level.
- PU is configured to not absorb moisture ensuring the stability of the R-value.
- Panel to panel easy alignment by molding of a tongue-and-groove edge.
- Patented cam-lock system installation with panel ensuring time-saving during installation over other SIPs.
4. What is the Basic Purpose to use a Polyurethane Insulation Panel?
Polyurethane Insulation Panel is renowned for its easy installation, maintenance, insulation, and best Performance.
Based on these parameters, the panel has a vast circle of use all over the world for different purposes as given below:
PU is used as insulating material with great temperature regulating specificity.
Due to thermal resistance, the panels are used for low temperature requiring applications as food preserving refrigerators, cold rooms for vaccines, fruits, and vegetable protection.
Due to low thermal conductivity and high thermal resistance, the panels are used to cool the building roofs, cinema halls, hotels by installing them with walls to resist the heat for entering inside your application.
For cladding purposes, this panel is used that prevents the walls of buildings or other applications from environmental factors.
5. What are the Specifications of a Polyurethane Insulation Panel?
There are some leading specifications of a Polyurethane Insulation Panel that make it a more stable and standardized and credible unit as given below.
Steel thickness of panel ranges from 0.4 to 0.8mm and n the basis of type and application requirements.
Cold Room Panel
The panel thickness for cold rooms ranges from 50mm to 200mm.
The standardized density of the panel is about 40kg/m^3.
The standardized width of the panel is being fixed as 1m. While the length depends on application requirements. It can be customized according to clients’ orders.
The best finishing color suitable for heat insulation and corrosion resistance is Ang Ral Color.
The fireproof Grade of the panel is “B” ensuring reliability and stability for the application with which the panel is being installed.
6. What are Some Renowned Advantages to use a Polyurethane Insulation Panel?
Polyurethane Insulation Panel is renowned among all over the world marketplace due to its leading benefits for a variety of applications as:
Polyurethane Insulation Panel is easy to install as compared to the other traditional panels designed with traditional insulation methods.
It needs a little time for installation and low material for manufacturing. It has no demand for labor to install the panel at affordable costs.
Polyurethane Insulation Panel has 0.023w/(m•k) coefficient of thermal conductivity that is very low ensuring the superb insulation/ resistance of panel for heat and ultimately preventing flame explore. This specific feature keeps the building protective by absorbing heat.
Heating insulation and no use of cold bridges for rafter installation reduce the Installation expenses as well as billing costs.
The most durable panel in the construction industry is based on branded raw material for its manufacturing. By keeping normal maintenance, its service life increases.
Environmentally friendly as it releases no ozone depletion chemicals or gases during the manufacturing or recycling process as PU can recycle with the whole panel for reuse.
During the recycling of panels, no environmentally damaging chemicals are produced with great reliability.
7. What is the Core Difference Between a Polyurethane Insulation Panel and a PIR Insulation Panel?
Polyurethane Insulation Panel
It is a highly stabilized and heat resistant unit, used for construction for over years. The core of the panel consists of PUR that is designed by the use of two components as
Both of the components are used in a balanced ratio during PUR production. High thermal resistance and low conductivity are its main features.
PIR Insulation Panels
PIR panels are also heat-resistant units used for a variety of applications requiring heating insulation or inside cooling. The core part of the PIR panel is made of PIR that is also designed with the same components as PUR.
But above both components are not used in balance ratio for PIR manufacturing but instead amount of these chemicals is used according to molecular masses.
Ring-type structure and linking of PIR, make the panel more stabilized. Thermal resistance is the key feature of a PIR panel.
8. What is R-Value and How Polyurethane Insulation Panel Depends on R-Value?
The thermal resistance of a panel is called R-Value. Polyurethane is an insulating material that is used as core material in a Polyurethane Insulation Panel, with low Conductivity.
As a result R-Value or thermal resistance of panel increases. The lower the thermal conductivity of the panel, the greater will be the R-Value.
How to Calculate R-Value
By using the formula mentioned below thermal resistance of a specific material can be calculated.
R-Value = 1/8(inner skin) + ( ) mm/1000/0.018 +1/20(outer skin)
R-Value = ( ) m2 hr ºC/k cal
Dependce of Panel on R-Value
Polyurethane Insulation Panel is available in the market with different lengths and thicknesses based on the application requirements. The greater the thickness of the panel, the greater will be the (R-Value).
If the thickness of the panel ranges from 2 to 20inches or 50mm to 200mm then the thermal resistance of the panel will also increase respectively as from 2.95 to 11.28 m2 hrºC/k cal.
R-Value of a panel helps to select a panel for a building or specific application according to its environmental factors.
9. How is a Polyurethane Insulation Panel Insulated?
Polyurethane Insulation Panel is used greatly due to its great insulation property. So it is featured with insulation properties during manufacturing in the following ways.
- Polyurethane is a polymer that consists of Polyol and isocyanate combined with Carbamate. These compounds make the unit more stable and insulated.
- PU is the best insulating material .it is being filled inside the panel to make it insulated.
- Secondly, the panel is manufactured by uniform dispersion molding (UDM). Polyurethane is injected with pressure inside steel plates with heat curing. Heat curing makes the unit rigid strong and more insulated.
- Thirdly the steel plates of the panel are pre-painted with polythene. So the top layering of polythene on steel plates increases the thickness of the panel, resulting in the increase of panel strength and insulation at great extant.
- The panel configured with lower thermal conductivity, ensures high thermal insulating properties of the unit.
Almost 662 million kg of polyurethane is used annually over the world for its insulating property.
10. What are the Main Applications of Polyurethane Insulation Panel?
Polyurethane Insulation Panel is profoundly used for a large number of applications for heat resistance and cooling maintenance. Some of its applications are given below:
It is an insulated room that is featured with a panel to maintain the consistent temperature inside the room for food preservation and storage at the lowest temperature.
Food and beverages, long-term products storage room, and blast freezing are some cold rooms.
In telecommunication, semiconductors, electronics, and food industries, clean rooms are designed by using this panel.
Telecommunication cabins are featured with this panel to store the equipment.
For building roofs construction and walls construction, PU Sandwich is being used to provide resistance against heat.
11. How is a Polyurethane Insulation Panel Optimum for Hygienic Conditions?
Polyurethane Insulation Panel is considered optimum for hygienic conditions due to the following reasons as given below:
- The panel consists of an insulating core made of a universally using material called polyurethane. Heat insulation property enables the panel to control a specific cooling temperature.
- The thermal resistivity of the panel makes it more suitable to use for low-temperature applications as hygienic food, storage of fruits, meat, and vegetables.
- PU Insulation Panel meets profoundly with the standard of HACCP as well as other international standards set for food storage and processing.
- This parameter makes the panel optimum for hygienic conditions. Metal surfaces of the panel are pre-coated with different finishes providing smooth surfaces.
- Smooth surfaces halt bacterial growth and prevent food from rotten ensuring the panel is more optimum for hygienic conditions.
- Polyurethane Insulation Panel is also featured with waterproof and air-tight conditions. No humidity nor water can enter inside the cold room, thus enhancing the protection and shelf life of stored products.
- Aesthetically, a neat and clean appearance configured by the panel makes it more optimum and desirable for cold room applications.
12. What is the Temperature Control Range of a Polyurethane Insulation Panel?
A Polyurethane Insulation Panel can regulate the temperature of a specific application for which it is installed.
It can control temperature ranges from -45 degrees Celsius to 80 degrees Celsius. Due to the low temperature regulating feature, the panel is utilized for cold rooms and low-temperature applications.
The panel also maintains the air pressure and humidity level inside the application.
13. How Big is the Polyurethane Insulation Panel Board?
Polyurethane is available in different shapes as board shapes or foam.it is being installed inside the panel based on application size and requirements.
So Polyurethane Insulation board thickness available is about 50mm maximum.
While the length and the width of the board are 2.4m and 1.2m respectively. By multiplying the length, width, and thickness, the size of the board can be calculated as 50mm× 1.2m× 2.4m=0.144m
The length of the board can vary as per application size and needs. The PU boards can be fixed with a smooth masonry surface made of concrete or bricks.
14. How to Install your Polyurethane Insulation Panel?
Carry the panel at a construction site where it is to be installed. Make sure the transferring of whole material and personnel at the location. Make sure the full installing preparations.
For wall panel installation, check out the verticality and leveling of the metope purlin. Also, ensure that the wall frame column must compete with requirements.
Before installation of a polyurethane wall panel, ensure the mounting of the plate bottom water retaining plate and the bottom of the window to block the water board, water retaining plate, and wall frame beam connection with self-tapping screw fixation.
Before installing the wall panel, make sure the mounting of the bottom water retain plate and lower portion of the window to block water board.
For proper fixing of the wall frame beam and water retaining plate connection, make sure to use screws and taping for fixing.
Installation of the Polyurethane wall panel with the ground. It can be done by creating lateral and vertical links.
Make sure the fixing of the panel with the surface at the lateral side of the rounded hole with steel frame fixing.
Gaps between the assembled panels are fixed by the use of concave grooves. The gaps between the fixed wall panels are also filled.
15. Which Type of Skins is Available for a Polyurethane Insulation Panel?
The top and bottom surfaces of the Polyurethane Insulation Panel are called facings or skin of the panel. Skin can be of the different types according to the application as:
Steel substrate with the specific coating is suitable for food processing purposes and some other applications. Some coated steel skin types are given below:
Steel skin painted by silicon polyester resin and zinc alloy plated Galvalume.
Steel skin pre-painted by silicon polyester resin galvanized zinc plate Iron.
Steel skin finished by polyvinylidene fluoride Galvalume or Galvanized Iron.
The Steel skin of the panel Pre-painted by PVC Plastisol GL or GI for a specific application.
2-ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) Skin
It is a Stainless Steel 304 skin with thickness ranges from 0.5 to 0.8 mm. It is used for hygienic grade applications not for rusting.
16. Which Coatings can be used for Polyurethane Insulation Panels?
The coating on Polyurethane Insulation Panel increases the stability and resistance of the panel against rust and humidity.
- Different types of finishing are available in the market for coating as given below:
- Polyester Coating with 25micrometer thickness is being used for RC2 corrosion.
- PVDF coating for the RC4 rust category is available with 25micrometer thickness.
- Plastisol is used for RC5 type rusting and applied with 1000micrometer thickness.
17. Which Type of Cladding is used for a Polyurethane Insulation Panel?
Cladding is an application where skin or an outer layer is added over the other.
The components of cladding material get attached to the primary surfaces of buildings/applications.
The basic purpose to use the cladding is to prevent the different applications from environmental factors as rain, humidity, and sunlight, etc. Except for these, it is used for heat insulation and corrosion resistance.
Two types of cladding are being used for Polyurethane Sandwich:
1-Stainless Steel Cladding
Stainless steel is a highly stable, durable, and reliable material having resistance against environmental factors and corrosion.
Most of the cold rooms that are reserved for food storage or preservation are featured with stainless panels as cladding units of panels.
Stainless steel cladding especially color bond steel called (Galvanized Steel Laminate) can be washed or clean easily without any hurdle if stained.
PPGI is also called pre-coated galvanized iron or pre-coated steel with hot-coated zinc substrate. It is used for the cladding of the Panel.
18. How a Polyurethane Insulation Panel is Beneficial for your Buildings Insulation?
- By installing a Polyurethane Insulation Panel in buildings, maintenance requirements reduce.
- The Panel retains its energy efficiency as long the building exists.
- Easy installation of the panel prevents the building walls from humidity and other ecological factors.
- The Space-efficiency of the panel allows the architectures to use internal spacing during designing.
- This panel and PU spray play a significant role in the improvement of ancient buildings.
- Reduction in heat loss from offices and other applications during winter.
- The Panel is environment friendly and supportive for buildings by heat insulation.
19. What is the Thermal Conductivity of a Polyurethane Insulation Panel?
Thermal conductivity is the capability of a unit to transfer heat energy from a hotter region to a colder by using a transferring material. The coefficient of thermal conductivity is denoted by “(λ)”.
It has a fixed value for each material. When Polyurethane is used for the panel construction then the coefficient of thermal conductivity ranges from 0.022 W/mK to 0.028 W/mK reliant on the thickness and facings of the panel.
“(λ)” can be estimated by calculating transferred heat energy as per unit of time and per unit of surface area divided by the temperature per unit time and the surface area divided by the temperature gradient.
The temperature difference is divided by the distance between two facings e.g. the thickness of the material, expressed in watts per Kelvin per meter.
20. How to Size a Polyurethane Insulation Panel for your Application?
A full line of Polyurethane Panels with different sizes and features is available now. So it can be sized for a specific application as:
Measure the dimensions of your application and match it with panels mentioned on a catalog to size it according to your application.
Check out the external factors and select the panel with a specific finish adaptive to the environment.
Inspect the heat conduction requirements of your application and size the panel with a specific R-Value.
Different types of panels are available for affordable ranges. Select the panel according to your budget and requirements.
21. How to Maintain your Polyurethane Insulation Panel?
Polyurethane Insulation Panel can be maintained in the following ways:
- Prevent the panel from keeping in contact with copper, Lear, and other metal to prevent the unit from rusting.
- Clean the panel to remove dust and soil for better working.
- Make sure to clean roofs at least one time a year to remove leaves and other debris that can trap water on the roof and might be damaging for the panel.
- Make an inspection view of the panel a year or in a month to detect the rust and other damages for repair.
- Use a sponge or clothe for cleaning instead of brushes that can damage panel coating.
- Reattach the loose trims with fasteners or tight the fasteners that were already put.
- If any is rupturing in the finishing of the panel, treat with paint by brush. If there is rust, first remove the rust and then paint the panel.
Conclusively, Polyurethane Insulation Panel is a leading prefabricated composite that is being used for a variety of services and applications.
The panel is configured with polyurethane that works as an insulating material between two steel facings.
Due to high heating insulation and low thermal conductance, it is used for cold rooms, buildings construction, cinemas, and offices for retaining cooling.
The coefficient of thermal conductivity ranges from 0,022 W/mK to 0,028 W/mK.It is a more insulating unit due to the PU specificity, manufacturing by injection molding, and coated skin with handsome thickness.
Easy installation and low-temperature regulation make the panel more desiring and appealing for a client.
Polyurethane Insulation Panel is highly reliable and its reliability and durability can be increased by proper maintenance of the panel.
FAQs of Polyurethane Insulation Panel.
What kind of Insulation is used for Polyurethane Insulation Panels?
For over 90% roofs and walls, the panels which are being used is Polyurethane insulation Panel. Polyurethane is used as insulating material inside the panel.
It is the most common panel to use for roofs due to the high closed-cell insulating
How Polyurethane Insulation Panel is Different from EPS Panel?
PUR panels have high R-Value than EPS panels. It is more expensive than EPS panels. Polyurethane is made of two chemicals and filled with low-conductive gas.
While EPS panel is made of spherical beads with chemical inertness.
IS Polyurethane Insulation Panel Combustible?
No, Polyurethane Insulation Panel is not combustible. It has low thermal conductivity and high thermal resistance as well as a high melting point that makes the panel little or no combustible during high heating.
Why is Polyurethane Insulation Panel used for Construction?
Polyurethane Insulation Panel is used for construction due to high heating insulation, waterproofing, and resistance for humidity entrance. The panel can also use for gap fillings, different doors, windows installation.
Is Polyurethane Plastic or Rubber used as Core for Polyurethane Insulation Panel?
Polyurethane Insulation Panel has a core region that is made of polyurethane. Polyurethane belongs to the family of plastics, or it can also be said that belong to elastomeric polymer,
The material is exceptionally versatile, durable, flexible, and adaptable.
Is Polyurethane Insulation Panel Made of a Tough Material?
Polyurethane Insulation Panel has polyurethane insulating material having high resistance against extreme temperature and harsh environmental factors ensuring rigidity and toughness of panel.
How Polyurethane Insulation Panel is Water Proof and Air Tight?
Polyurethane is made of closed cells with low thermal conductive gas fillings when installed inside the panel, it makes the panel waterproof and resistive against air or other gases passage. Coated paints also make the panel waterproof.
Is Polyurethane Insulation Panel Durable?
The overall durability and quality of the Polyurethane Insulation Panel are quite good. It is designed with pre-painted steel facings and stabilized polyurethane core.
Good quality material greatly enhances the sturdiness of the panel with great thermal insulation features.
What is Tongue and Groove System in Polyurethane Insulation Panel?
The assembly of different panel components together in a specific manner is called a tongue and groove system.
At Which Factors Do the Insulation Excellence of Polyurethane Insulation Panel Depend?
Polyurethane Insulation Panel when used for Cold Rooms, its insulation excellence depends on the following factors as given below.
- 50mm panel thickness
- Polyurethane core
- Superb-quality joints